Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect LDAP to Enterprise Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru,

I need complete steps to connect LDAP into enterprise portal as LDAP is microsoft AD existing one.

I am confuse about the user mapping and authenticatation, compareing and Single sign one. Does we are calling Log on ticket to the first screen of enterprise portal where we enter user ID and password or ?.

One situation is that one SAP Enterprise portal acts as comparing user id against AD(LDAP) and issue logon ticket. Other system who is accepting the logon ticket is also SAP Netweaver and has its own portal. It has it own login module.

My first question is " How to establish connection to AD in to on SAP Enterprise Portal

Second is " How to establish connection to that SAP enterprise portal to SAP Netweaver own portal".

Third is " If we are trying to access to SAP Netweaver application through SAP Enterprise portal , how we can able to access, do we need to accesss through ivew of SAP Enterprise portal only or can we access the SAP Netweaver application as soon as we enter userid/passwd on first screen of Enterprise portal directly to SAP Netweaver application, without user the ivew of Enterprise portal

If you guys understood this situation let me as soon as possible, cuz my boss is on my head. of send me your contack info to my email: happyman336@yahoo.com

Thanks

Happy

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use j2ee config tool to configure .

open the config tool .

-->select UME LDAP Data

-->select configuration file : dataSAourceconfiguration_ads_readonly_db.xml

--> LDAP server type Microsoft ADS - predefined

-->Servername enter ADS server name or IP address

-->server port: 389

-->user : CN=Administrator(good to create user ID for portal),CN=user,DC=ss,DC=XOC (download GetMyDN exe to find the DN name: )

-->enter password

--.> enter user path and group path (you should be able to browse ..if you cpnfiguration is correct )

Regards

Ben

0 Kudos

Hi Ben,

Here is my situation is little bit different, we have application server which is SAP Netweaver and HR application is running on this server. we are trying to login into this system through its portal and it has attached with LDAP Microsoft AD.

We set all LDAP setting and this application having its own login module and it added and I hav seen in Security policy of Visual administrator.

Now tell me how to configure or adjust login modules with its own login module. How to set login modules stacks such that user ID is match with AD and issue login ticket or can login.

We tested using user ID which contains in AD as well as Application server's database. we it is not able to login.

If you see this message please send me your contact info to this email I will explain you more on my situation. Please it is so urgent that my boss is on my head

thanks

happyman

happyman336@yahoo.com