cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring the use of tickets.. Very urgent !!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We'd like to use logon tickets for our web dynpro application, that is standalone (not integrated into portal).

We've read and apply help http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/62/c0503e1dac5b46e10000000a114084/frameset.htm, but unsuccessfully...

Here are my questions:

- We option should we use: Authentication on the SAP Web Application Server ABAP or Authentication on the J2EE Engine ?

- In case second option is to be used, it is said Select each template or application that uses the login module CreateTicketLoginModule [...]...

My web dynpro application does not appear there... Should I configure instead webdynproWelcome application ? Is this application the login screen of my application ?

I've read a lot of threads from people having done ticket authentification...

Any tips or tricks would help us a lot.

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you import your Webdynpro ticket into R/3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TWM,

You have to enable webdynpro application to give Login screen at the time of running application.

You can get this at the time of creating application of your webdynpro project by juct checking Authentication check box.

And We need not to set login module stack for webdynpro applications explicitly from visual administrator. It is already assigned to all webdynpro applications.

regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavik...

So, if there is no need for any other configuration, do you have any idea why I get an error message while testing the JCO connection from Web Dynpro console administration SSO ticket author is not authorized (sorry, this is direct translation, so maybe the message is slightly different in english...) ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi TWM,

I guess you enterd using username "administrator" and as this username is not present at SAP R/3 side it gives such error.

do one thing. create one username at WAS same as the username at SAP R/3 side.

password cna be different for both but username must be same at both side.

Then login to the content administrator using this username and then test your JCO connection.

Regards,

Bhavik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Finally, we found out that the application must be declared as being able to produce tickets (in some table ? -> I actually did not solved the problem by myself so I don't know exactly what has been done)

Thank you very much for your answers, that were good hints anyway, as user is important as well as importing ticket in R3.

Also, I didn't know that web dynpro didn't need any login module stack.

I learnt a lot, thanks !