cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData JCo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

While checking the ESS home page i get the following error.

<b>com.sap.dictionary.runtime.DdException: 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData' not properly defined! Unable to create Metadata connection for Dictionary Provider. Either the logical System Name 'SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData' has not been properly defined in the System Landscape Directory, or you are not using a MsgServerDestination (AppServerDestinations are not permitted for Metadata connections)</b>

However if I check this JCo from Content Administration>WebDynpro>Maintain JCO destinations the JCO is properly configured.

The ping and test are successfull for this JCO.

Kindly help.

Regards,

Rohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

Sorry for late reply.

I created a logon Group "SPACE" in my ECC system.

meta data connection to logon group works successfully .

Thanks!!

Regards,

Rohit S. Ghan

luciano_leitedasilva
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

So, check how is configurated the JCO SAP_R3_SelfServiceGenerics_MetaData, probably it is configured connecting directly to an Application Server. Metadata connections must to be configured connecting to a Message Server.

Check this point!!

Regards,

Luciano

former_member182374
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

You need to make sure that the RFC you're trying to run from this connection is exists in the backend that the RFC destination points to.

This can happen if you have:

Backend A, Connection A, RFC A

Backend B, Connection B, RFC B

If you'll try to run RFC A from connection B you'll get DD exception because the metadata can't find to RFC A in Backend B.

Regards,

Omri