cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple records not importing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem in importing multiple records into repository in XML format using automatic inbound port. Only a single element is getting imported. But I'm able to manually import two elements from the same XML through Import Manager. When I check the logs during automatic import, it shows that only a single record is imported, i'm clueless as to what is happening to the other one.

Is there any entry that needs to be modified in the mdis.ini?

Thanks in advance

Swarna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This is related to concept of Streaming. In MDIS file you can determine chunk size which is nothing but pre-configuring no of records to be imported.

For details refer

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/34/a2e71ecec8402ab31c7618ea80c5f5/content.htm

For more information about chunk size and processing options, refer MDIS Configuration

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_mdm550/helpdata/en/7e/02a3705d1f465f9608d16b96d1e8a2/content.htm

hope this helps

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

Seems to be an peculiar issue, only mdis.ini need to be configured properly...

pls cross check your mdis.ini with the following values:

Server=MDM Server

Interval=30

Automap unmapped value=True

Unmapped value handling=True

Always use unmapped value handling=3

now try this hope this should solve your problem

do write back if you face any issues, along with the mdis.ini config informations..

thanks

Alexander

P.S.Kindly reward the points if found problem solved.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander & Mugdha,

Thanks for replying!!!

My mdis.ini has values different from what you have given-

Interval=30

Automap Unmapped Value=True

Unmapped Value Handling=Add

Always Use Unmapped Value Handling=False

I noticed something strange happening, because with another repository the import server is able to import more than 2 records at a time. But the only change is that in the latter case the XML file consists of about 25 elements, whereas with the 'problematic' repository the XML file has about 70 elements.

Is this be a problem? Will increasing the chunk size be of any help?

Regards

swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey swarna,

Number of elements shouldn't be a problem, let me know the following things pls..I will work it out on my side...

1. You are into which version of MDM?

2. Send me the source file to ( alexander.sap@gmail.com )

3. If possible let me know what kind of repository is this, I mean Customer or Material and so..

awaiting for ur reply..

thanks

Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

I'm not having this problem with the similar repository (but i archived this one and saved it some time back) and same 70 elements! Its importing multiple records.

Will repositories get corrupt or something? is that the reason for its bizarre behavior?

Thanks

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

I am really sorry that cudn't get the point you made in the last message, could you please explain in bit detail..

awaiting for ur post..

thanks

Alexander

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

sometimes (depends a bit on what you do with your repsoitory, if you've done upgrades, if your repository crashed, and so on) there might be an issues on data base level. a good idea is then to

- unload the repository

- check for errors (in console: verify with check or repair option)

- reload the repository with "update indices" option.

Did you try this for your repository causing trouble?

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alexander

I did not have that problem (with the same scenario) in a new repository!

all the records are getting imported..is there any explanation for this strange behavior?

Michael,

When i verified the repository, there were no errors!!!

anyway's i'll try unloading and loading....but can u elaborate as to what you are implying by 'repository crash'? i'm doubting whether that has happened to my rep.

Thank you!

Swarna

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

hm, if the repository check doesn't show any error and it is working in a new one, I don't really have an explanation for this, I'm sorry. this sounds really strange.

With "repository crash" I mean a situation that for example the server shuts down and in the same time someone is still working on the repository itself. If a situation like this occurs, it can mix up the data base indices which may be leading to import errors later on. But in your case everything seems to be correct.

BR Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the very delayed reply. I still couldn't find out the reason for the error, but when i exported and imported the schema in a fresh repository, the records were getting imported successfully.

I'm closing the thread.

Thank you all for replying.

Regards

Swarna