cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChaRM in two system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I want to implement ChaRM for BIW systems which is a two system landscape: BIWDEV and BIWLIVE . Is it posible to implement ChaRm in a two system landscape /we need three system landscape only for it.I started the ChaRM configuration work but faced certain issues over which i was told tat Charm needs three systems for implementation. Kindly plz suggest and confirm.

Regards,

Somya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Somya,

2 system landscape will also work with CHARM.

CHARM can also be configured in single system landscape.

But the bottomline is you require in all 3 clients to realize charm.

These three clients can belong to same or diffrent systems altogether.

For you i would say, u will require 2 clients in BIWDEV system ( Say BIWDEV:100 as development cleint and BIWDEV:200 as Test client ).

Now you have BIWLIVE system which is our production system, so you require 1 client BIWLIVE system..

So your 3 clients are ready and Change Request management can be realized..

Please Reward with points if this postv was usefull..

Revert For ne clarifications ..

Regards,

Suzzane

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suzzane,

I hv production client 190 in BIWDEV and production client 190 in BIWLIVE . u saying tat i wll need to create a new client in BIWDEV . WT all data i wll need to copy in tat new client . Secondly wt transport route do i need to maintain between the two clients in BIWDEV .Also for this ill need to change the complete transport definition . AS of now the route is defined between DEV to PROD for which a transport layer is also assigned. PLz suggest and revert.

Regards,

Somya

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You require a consolidation system in your landscape, that's for sure. It can be in your same server but a separate client.

Its a simple client copy with profile SAP_ALL or CUST profile.

The transport route would be Development --> Consolidation system and Production.

This will solve your problem.

Feel free to revert back.

--Ragu

*reward Helpful answers.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ragu,

Iam asking if this new client creation wll disturb my existing Transport landscape . and if i create suppose a new client in BIWDEV as u said as 010 then how wll the transport rout be defined ,wll i need to create new transport layers and delete old ones .plus the route wll be :

190(DEV) -010(DEV)-190(PROD)

or

010(DEV - 190(DEV)-190(PROD)

Plz revert . A detailed reply shall be appreciated as w/o knowing the things in depth of every step to be done and the pros and cons of doing things , i cannot change the existing landscape.

Thanks,

Somya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone,

Additionally i hv one more question regarding thiss ,if i wld craete a new client and copy SAP_ALL /SAP_CUST data into it ,it wll also need equal amount of space . We already hv 250 GB of database ,and new client means 250 GB of another database.

Wt part of data wll it occupy becoz we dont hv much space in Hard disk.

Is existence of three clients in a system landscape necessary for implementing CharM?

Requested to revert at earliest.

Regards,

Somya