cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NW Dev Studio, CMS, Dev, consolidation and production stack levels

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the rules for the stack levels when related to NW development. If my nw dev studio is on stack 11 and my SLD CMS is on stack 10 and my target deployment on DEV is stack 8, what are my limitations.? Does anyone know of any restrictions SAP has related to webdynpro development and stack level.

Thanks

Mikie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is always the best and recommended to have it at the same level...I had a lot of problems dealing with different levels...This link might also help

/people/marion.schlotte/blog/2005/10/25/jdi-software-vs-jdi-content

Regards

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

AndreyH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

it is strongly recommended to <b>keep DevStudio and target run-time system on the same level</b>

NWDI servers are release independent, they should contain proper content:

- SLD content should be updated to the "highest" level in landscape (11 in your case)

- CMS should be in sync with SLD

- CBS build space should contain build plugins and libraries corresponsing to the target run-time

NWDS sp11 will produce sp11 compatible components,

if build space contains fitting to run-time (sp8) build plug-ins there are chances to have successful local build, but errors during build on CBS

if build space contains fitting to NWDS (sp11) build plug-ins there are chances to have successful local and central (CBS) build, but problems at run-time.

Hope to not confuse you with all these permutations

Cheers.