SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FM to create Nomination , unable to update the location plant/Sloc

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am using the Function Module RFC_TSW_NOM_CREATEFROMDATA to create a nomination.

the FM is able to create the nomination but,

the location plant/Sloc at the item level are not being updated for the specific case with more than one record exist in the table "OIJTSLOC" for the relevant data for line item.

for the line item-10 details if a single record exist in "OIJTSLOC" it is updating.

for the line item-20 I have given some values 1200/1222 for location plant/Sloc,

for which there are more than one record exist in "OIJTSLOC" , it is not UPDATING.

in the FM RFC_TSW_NOM_CREATEFROMDATA , it is calling a FM OIJ_NOM_DEFAULTING to default the header and item details in the sub-routine FORM defaulting_item. it is checking for single record, and updating if single record exist and just exiting if more than one record is found, and result is that item20 is not updated

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used another FM to modify.....OIJ_NOM_MAINTAIN, which actually modifies the location plant/Sloc BUT it is causing a big problem,it is raising some warnings which are not valid and resulting in non confirmation of Nomination.

I call these warnings as invalid because they are wavied off if I (syntax)check the nomination using the [Validate button ^F4 ]after creation.

which can not be done programatically.

the FM RFC_TSW_NOM_CREATEFROMDATA was working well exept updating the loc-plant/sloc.

Please advise, if you have faced such problem.

Thanks in advance,

Nagu. nkorrakuti@deloitte.com

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have used another FM to modify.....OIJ_NOM_MAINTAIN, which actually modifies the location plant/Sloc BUT it is causing a big problem,it is raising some warnings which are not valid and resulting in non confirmation of Nomination.

I call these warnings as invalid because they are wavied off if I (syntax)check the nomination using the [Validate button ^F4 ]after creation.

which can not be done programatically.

the FM RFC_TSW_NOM_CREATEFROMDATA was working well exept updating the loc-plant/sloc.

Please advise, if you have faced such problem.

Thanks in advance,

Nagu. nkorrakuti@deloitte.com

0 Kudos

Please note that the table is OIJRRA, not OIJSLOC in the above question

0 Kudos

Dear Nagu,

I am not able to get your scenario exactly, so i suggest the following general approach for resolving this issue

Try creating a nomination using O4NM transaction using the same details you are providing to the RFC function. If the location plant/Sloc are getting defaulted in this case then you can raise an OSS message to get the RFC corrected to work the same way as it works with the transaction.

If it doesn't, then you should come up with a logic to determine the location plant/sloc in case of scenarios like the particular nomination item, Create an implementation for the BADI OIJ_NOM_DEFAULTING and then put in this logic in the BADI method DEFAULTING_PREPROCESSING.

This should resolve your issuse.

Best Regards

Vishnu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prasad,

Try this function module

" OIJ_MAINTAIN_NOMINATION"

Regards

Ramvelu