cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MesageId lenght 36 to 24 characters

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Is there a way to assign XI MessageId length from 36 to 24 chars?

Thanks

Sai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I dont think it is possible. It is the standard functionality given by SAP.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish/Raj

We are using Correlation with other systems using MessageId. All other systems using 24 chars. So this made me thinking of converting from 36 to 24

Thanks

Sai

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

<i>We are using Correlation with other systems using MessageId</i> - which system u are referring here. How can u correlate XI message ID with other system message id. Can u be lil bit more specific.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna,

I think your assumption is wrong because the message ID is specific to XI and it changes for every message. It is created by XI and you cannot corrleate with any other messages.

Please rethink about the design. If you can tell us what you are trying to do and what is your requirement then somebody can help you in design.

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish and Raj

We are doing RFC to JMS synchronous scenario. In this, we configured receiver JMS CC as XI MessageID = JMS CorrelationID.

So we are using XIMessage ID for Corrleation,

MQ Series using 24 characters as JMSCorrelationID

So we are facing issues with length.

Thanks

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Message ID is 32 chars last I checked...

and it's generated in SAP as someone else mentioned.

you may want to create a separate field and use that for your correlation

sincerely,

--NM

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Naomi,

<b>by default</b> the receiver JMS adapter sets JMS Correlation ID to XI Message ID, but that can be configured in Receiver CC configuration.

Just set the Correlation Settings to another field which satisfies your criteria.

By instance, you could for example use the Conversation ID as the JMS Correlation ID.

By default, the Conversation ID field is empty (XI won't input any data in it, since it is not mandatory), so you can configure it with whatever custom value you want, in either mappings or modules.

For example, in message mapping' UDFs, you could use the following code to set the Conversation ID:

container.getTransformationParameters().put(StreamTransformationConstants.CONVERSATION_ID, "12345678987654321");

Regards,

Henrique.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i wont advice you to trim down the length for MessageID coz its generated by XI itself but if you really want to do it ,then get the messageID in you mapping and then use substring function to trim down the value from 36 chard to 24 chars

Thanx

Ahmad

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sai,

Its not possible. May I know the reason u need to do this?

Best regards,

raj.