Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short Dump -EXPORT_TOO_MUCH_DATA

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We got the short dump<i> <b>EXPORT_TOO_MUCH_DATA</b></i> in XI Production system. Do u guys have any idea on it. Kindly help me out, what could be the issue.

Best regards,

raj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Go to ST22 and see whether it shows any errors or description for the short dump. Also in production you get short dump once when you database is full. So check that also. Also see SM58 for any errors?

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thanks for the reply. There is no errors in SM58. Please see the following error description in ST22.

<i>"The dataset stored under an EXPORT/IMPORT ID is restricted

by the length of a data record and the capacity of the

sequence counter. This error occurs only if the capacity of the

sequence counter does not go beyond 255"</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

I am not sure what is this error exactly? But I guess that in one of your scenario you would have defined the length for any field? I guess that it is extending its size limit. Also where you are getting this error ie., in R3 or XI/PI?

Regards,

---Satish

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

I don't have any idea ,coz there are lot of interfaces is running. I got the error inXI

Best regards,

raj.

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Satish,

Thanks a lot for ur support. The issue is not solved ,probably they will raise the message I hope so.

Thanks buddy!!

Best regards,

raj.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could be b'coz of 2 reason as satish pointed out 1st it could be length of the Field.

Some where in the adapter fixedLengthTooShortHandling is set to error.

Other one is a DBA problem.Data is being pusehd more that system could handle. Guess juz put a query to the DBA might be of some help.

Cheers

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND HELPFULL*</b>