cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

background job doesn't start

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

we have 5 background jobs which all starting at same time. One of them doesn't run (it has a delay). If one of the 4 running jobs completed the fifth job starts. Is it possible to execute all 5 jobs parallel (without any delay)?

Does anyone know whats to do (e.g. configuring parameters...).

Thanks

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Have you specified any start condition for this job ? Also check your background work process , you might not have free work processes to run the job and that makes the delay

Thanks

Prince Jose

PS: Please assign points if it helped you

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

our parameter (in qs.system) is defined as follows:

rdisp/wp_no_btc	4	0	0

I don't know if this is the right parameter. In prod.system this parameter is defined as follows:

rdisp/wp_no_btc	6	0	0

The prod.system is a 4.6c system, the qs system is mysap ecc6. Currently we are changing the release from 4.6c to mysap.

Any idea?

Thanks michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you getting this ( only 4 jobs ruinning ) in QAS ? if yes icrease the parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc to > 4 ( you can make it 6 as your PRD has 6 ) . Ypou can do this by going to RZ10 --> instance profile and edit the parameter rdisp/wp_no_btc . Save , activate and restart the server .

Do you have operational mods configured ?

Thanks

Prince Jose

PS; Please assign points if it helped you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what's a operatinal mod?

thanks

michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check in RZ04 whether op mode is defined. If it defined say you might have 10 dialog Wp and 4 wp in day time where user will be working and background jobs will be less. In night usually users will be less and background jobs will be more so you can configure like 7 dialog Wp and 7 background Wp ..

Looks like you dont have OP Mode configured. Then you can follow the procedure i mentioned in my previous post and your issue will be resolved

Thanks

Prince Jose

PS: Please assign points if it helped you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for answers. Our "RZ04" are defined as follows:

day                  10   6   1   2   4   2   1  25

Is it correct configured, because the system-parameter "rdisp/wp_no_btc" has value 4 (not 6)?

thanks

michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is noting wrong here you just need more background work process if you you want to run more jobs in parallel.Otherwise job has to wait to start and you will have delays. from your RZ04 it looks you dont have OP mode set up .. thats ok it all depends upon the company ..

Thanks

prince Jose

PS; Please assign points if it helped you

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, looking good. Thank you for answers.

I have assigned points.

Michael

Answers (0)