Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Exit "PDATE" - Planning Start Date -

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Does anybody has information about the user exit "PDATE". Our problem is;

In the APO_DP we have created a dataview for annual budgeting and there are many macros running in this dataview. We expect that each year the user enter this dataview (independent of the time the user enters) it should start from the 01st of January of the following year.

We want to keep planning start date as empty to keep it rolling so that we do not need to maintain the macros each year. However when we keep it empty the planning horizon starts from the system date. If the user enter it in October the planning horizon will start in October instead of 01st of following year. We could solve this problem with the field "offset" if the user enters each year in the same month. However they can enter this dataview one year in October the other in November so fixed offset figure will not solve the problem. If we set "3" for offset field and he enters the dataview in November then our planning horizon will start in February following year.

Do you have any idea that can solve our problem? Do you know if "PDATE" user exit can solve this problem?

I am attaaching the SAP explanation on this issue, it may be helpful.

Thanks in advance for your support and Best Regards

-

<i>

Planning Start Date

Future Planning Horizon: "Planning Start Date" Field

If you do not enter a date here, the future planning horizon (the horizon defined in the TB profile ID (future) field) starts from the system date (or the date entered for background processing through the PDATE user exit) plus an offset that you enter in the Offset field.

If you do enter a date, the future planning horizon starts from this set date (plus the offset, if applicable). Note that rolling planning is not possible in this instance.</i>

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PDATE works fine for your issue.

But keep in mind that functional module has not any input parameter. To determine the planning book, data view etc. I found the workaround (works for SCM 4.1):

FIELD-SYMBOLS: <FS_MVIEW>, <FS_DVIEW>.

ASSIGN ('(/SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN)gs_tsplb-mview') TO <FS_MVIEW>.

ASSIGN ('(/SAPAPO/TS_BATCH_RUN)gs_tsplb-dview') TO <FS_DVIEW>.

CASE <FS_MVIEW>.

WHEN 'YOUR PL.BOOK'.

pdate = ...

etc.

Regards,

Alexander

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How does that solve the start date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am having exactly the same issue, as we want to implement budget planning in SCM. Did you find any solution to this?

Best Regards

/Karl Jepsson