cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS - Dynamic actions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can we use dynamic actions in ESS. ex: employee changes his/her address, we need to send an email to the department and the employee too.. I tried setting it up and testing it.. does not work. The email can be sent when I make changes using PA30. Just wanted to confirm here if dynamic actions work in ESS.

My other option will beusing workflow.. any idea which business object to use to catch the triggering event "changed" .

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

MarkusKlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark,

i have successfully implemented such a requirenment several times already. Check transaction SWEHR2 (SAP-Entries) and SWEHR3 (Customer Entries).

create a new entry with transaction SWEHR3 for infotype 0006:

OT: P

IType: 0006

VBOper: DEL / INS /UPD (3 entries in total)

LfdNr: (e.g. 901 ... )

OBJECTYPE: ADDRESSEMP

Funktion Module: Custom FM (a specific interface is required: check FM: HR_EVENT_RULES_PA0006)

In this FM now get sure that you just process the email-sending when you are coming from ESS and not via the PA30 transaction. A simple sy-tcode is initial or sy-tcode <> 'PA30' is sufficient.

.. Now simply add your coding to send an email. This solution works perfectly smooth.

regards,

Markus

former_member184564
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcus,

Does your solution trigger the dynamic Actions in T588Z or do you write code that does the same as the dynamic action.

There is the obvious problem of then maintaining the busniess logic in 2 places if it is not triggering the Dynamic action it's self.

Many Thanks

J

ElsaM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Stuart,

good question. Have you found an answer yet?

Hopefully dynamic actions are triggered so we don't have to maintain the same logic in two places.

Thanks,

Elsa Markoulidou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Business Object is <b>EmployeePrivAddress</b> u can use Object type : <b>ADDRESSEMP</b> as the triggering events for the workflow, with event <b>Change</b>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have recently done exactly the same Dynamic action for change of address and have found out they do not work via ESS.

All that work wasted...

If you have found a way around it please let me know.

I will be looking at creating workflow for it now. if you have found any steps on this, please let me know.

Cheers

Sam

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ESS services use RFC calls/ mostly HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION to update Employee Master Data & do not go via PA30..I am almost positive you have to go in for Workflow..

~Suresh