cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intregration of c-folder and cad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi gurus,

cad intregrator is used for intregrating cad software and dms(r/3). in the same way i want to intregrate cad software and c-folder..

any method or solution for my problem.

thanks

amit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can export document-based structures, that is, assemblies, from the CAD desktop to cFolders. All originals, materials, and the material BOM that belong to the assembly are exported for each assembly.

The system generates an XML file that represents the structure of the assembly.

However, you cannot import document-based structures from cFolders to the CAD desktop.

Refer note 828984 and the related notes mentioned in it.

Regards,

Reema.

<i>Pl award all useful answers.</i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

if marketing, sales people want to see the assembly and they dont have knowledge of cad software , how these people can see the assembly through c-folder.

thanks

amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi reema,

how r u. actually i want to say.

suppose u r from sale or marketting person and on ur system on c-folder is installed . and now if u want to show assembly or part which is alreday present in c-folder to ur client ..how u show assebly or part. and if it requires some modification, then what to do..??????????

my email id:

amit.dhar@hotmail.com

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

as the CAD Files get saved inside the SAP PLM directly, the marketing, etc., people could access the files easily and in a controlled way for examle via the Easy DMS or the WebDocuments. So there is no need for a second system in order to give them access. The CAD Integration can link the design to Material Masters, set up classification automatically and also generate Thumbnails - this helps usually the occasional users to find the required documents.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi martin,

is it possible to intregrate cad software(like solid edge, inventor, etc) directly with c-folder?

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

I am fine, thankyou.

In order to be able to see your CAD documents (assemblies/drawings etc) in cFolders, you need to install ECL Viewer on each client machine that needs to access the drawings.

Refer SAP Notes:

The redlining and markup tool of the ECL viewer will allow the users to put their comments etc on the assemblies/drawings and save it as a layer over the original. In this way other users can view the additions done by them.

When needed these layers can be deleted. They can also be turned on or off whicle being displayed.

Regards,

Reema.

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

cFolders is a tool optimized for exchange of data with externals. The robust Team Data Manager functionality of SAP PLM is not in cFolders. The robust TDM functionality (check in / check out, versioning control, assemblies, ...) is available in the Core Component of PLM.

Once the CAD Information is managed inside SAP PLM, you can then use it to collaborate with externals via cFolders.

Partners did in the labs some testing with a cFolders to CAD Integration, but as far as I know there was no product derived from that. And it can never be as powerful as the CAD Integration to SAP PLM.

Best regards,

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

Interesting, some research ws goin on for integration of CAD TO CFOLDER...

do you mean that,

Right now, there is only 1 possibility to integrate via CAD DESKTOP.. i.e R/3 or ECC interface.

Regards,

Niranjan

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Niranjan,

exactly, the standard behavior is that all CAD Data is managed by CAD Desktop. cFolders is only there for external collaboration - CAD Data can be published from CAD Desktop to cFolders easily.

In some use-cases (very simple CAD drawings, maybe not even assemblies), one could also think about a cFolders to CAD integration. The partner developed a plug in to Catia, which communicated with the cFolders WebServices directly. It was working fine - but I think it never left the labs...

Best regards,

Martin