Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Servcie Desk Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I hv questions regading service desk implementation:

Firstly we have service desk running over our solman 3.2 system and connected to various satellite systems like R/3 , BIW , etc.Now my question is tat iam working over SAP solman 4.0 .I want to configure service desk over it also for testing purpose and connect it to BW systems which is also already connected to service desk in SM 3.2 . can i do it. can in any scenario two service desks run simultaneously for same satellite systems?

Secondly if the first option is not possible then is it possible tat i configure service desk in SM 4.0 and move all the service desk messages from SM 3.2 to SM 4.0 so tat i can remove SM 3.2 completely?

Plz suggest. Requested to revert at earliest.My email id is reachme.saumya@gmail.com .

Thanks and Regards,

Somya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raguraman_c
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. It all depends on the entry that you maintain for BCOS_CUST. And hence you cannot have two servicedesk for the same satellite system.

2. You cannot transport all your Solution Manager Messages, because these are transactional data not cusomizing data and moreover you may try for any custom programs which would upload your message to your new SOLMAN 4.0. But again, how efficient it would be or how reliable the data that you upload would be? That's quite difficult because you need to understand the tables and structures that are linked with.

Another option would be you can try raising a message to SAP.

Hope this will solve your problem.

--Ragu

*Please reward helpful answers.