cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send two excel files to one excel file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends this is shalini shah

I have two excel files from sender side and one excel file in receiver side.

how to convert, and where i have to mention two excel files in sender side.

I know how to convert one excel file to other excel file,but i don't know the two excel files to one excel file.

please reply to me.

with cheers

shalini shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shah,

You cannot merge two excel files in XI directly with adapters because to read the excel file we dont have any adapters. So first you have to create module which converts your excel file into XML and then you have to go from there. Check this weblog for some information:

/people/sap.user72/blog/2005/07/04/read-excel-instead-of-xml-through-fileadapter

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/10/xi-generating-excel-files-without-the-java-nor-the-conversion-agent-not-possible

Regards,

---Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use Multimapping n:1 more effective with BPM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well

Are the data types / fileds in both file same ? If the file names are identical say file1, file2 Then in the communication channel for the file name you can use file*.

Else if the data type is diff in both the files then you will have 2 out bound interfaces and 1 inbound interface right.

Msg Mapping: intpro -> file (2 mappings)

Interface mapping: 2 Interface mapping.

You have to use BPM COLLECTING N BUNDLINGi don't think it will be possible with that.

ID:

2 SENDER CC

1 RECEIVER CC

3 RECEIVER DETERMINATION FILE1 - INT PRO, FILE 2 - INT PRO, INTPRO-

> FILE 3

3 INTERFACE DETERMINATION

2 SENDER AGREEMENT

1 RECEIVER AGREEMENT.

Ny mistakes plz rectify

Cheers,

<b>*RAJ*

*REWARD POINTS IF FOUND USEFULL*</b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi RAJ

this is shalini shah.thanks for your answer.

it is helpful for me.bur without BPM it is possible or not

Regards

Shalini shah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

are you supposed to merge those two .xls file and produce the target .xls file?

Thanx

justin_santhanam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahmad & Satish,

I'll suggest one thing u guys tell me whether its possible or not. As we know the XI File mover concept(Without IR). Is it possible for me to move the first file and in file adapter use the append mode so that the file will be appended. I'm juz guessing i'm not sure whether it will work. Provide ur insight on this.

Best regards,

raj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raj,

Yes it has to append. I have just tested now for confirmation. I have tested with .csv files. It works fine.

Regards,

---Satish

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For .csv files (which are mainly flat files) it would be fine to append.

However for .xls files, it is not that simple...

Probably you'd have to read both files and enter the 2nd workbook inside 1st one, with module and excel api.

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Raj

i think it should append.as in bypass scenario XI is not concerned with the structure of message,it can be a CSV or .XLS or anything else and since it has worked for CSV files in my opinion it should work for .xls too.

as far as modules are concerned they are used for conversion of .xls to XML and since we are not doing anything of that sort i guess it is not required.

but it would be nice if Shalini tries this option and update sdn in this regard:)

Thanx

Ahmad