cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment term based discount or surcharge

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Client have requirement of Payement term based discount or surcharge. Conditions are like below:

1. 10% discount to customer if he is paying cash.

2. 5% discount if he is paying with in 15 days by cash, check or wire transfer.

3. 5% surcharge on all other Payment terms other than above two mentioned.

4. There are many payment terms that's why We do not want to create several conditions record for surcharge.

Please help & advice how to solve this using Standard SAP (With out writing any ABAP program or new routine).

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

neeraj_lal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Payment term always depend upon negotiation b/w sales guy & customer. It may change as per client requirements. I have already solved ity by using exclusion technique, but feeling its not a good way.

Problem is:

there are many Payment terms. Only Payement terms 'Cash payement' & 'payment within 15 days' will require to give 10% discount.

For other payment term there is 5% surcharge.

I want to know is there any way that same condition work for discount & surcharge both with out maintaining condition rercord.

IF (Pamt term 001, 002= discont) else 5% surcharge.

Or any other method to solve this problem in Standard SAP with out writing any abap coding.

Regards

Neeraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not sure if I understand your requirement...looks like you have evaluated maintaining the payment terms for condition type, and you don't think thats a workable solution...

but the question I have is, how do you know what payment terms a customer should be applied..you don't want it to be defaulted from the customer master..and pricing condition records can have only one..payment term..

looks like the issue is more of factoring discount itself than the payment terms!!1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender

Please correct me if I am wrong.Looks like you have better Idea on this!

why do You think that the issue is more of factoring discount?

If he maitain 3 condion records for the 3 different payment terms, the system checks the payment terms from the customer master data in the order - Right?

condtion record EX:sales org, D.c, payment terms( for cash) - 10%( = $10)

like that he will maitain 3 condition records for 3 payment terms.

The moment I enter cystomer(systmem checks from customer master) in the sales order the sytem will picks up the $10 from condition record and it will display as a discount.

whats wrong in that?

Please can you clarify me.

Thanks