cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Currency and quantity fields in Smartforms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

How to refer currency and quantity fields , in my form i am using FAKING and NETWR fields,

in global definitions one tab is there currency and quantity fields in that in filed name column what i have to give and reference filed , PLease can u you give some examples, so that i can understand easily...

Useful answers are awarded.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai

in global definitions , in currency/quantity tab

give ur field name in first column and in third column click the symbol to the right, and select QUAN or CURR.

no need to give reference field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarayu,

Thank you very much ...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm confused as to what your suggestion achieves. The smartform already knows if a field is currency or quantity due to it's data type (CURR or QUAN), so if you're not linking this field to a CUKY or UNIT field by populating the reference field why populate this tab at all?

Regards,

Nick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The 'Currency/Quant. Fields' tab in the Global definitions allows you to link the field containing a value to the field containing its unit of measure.

For example, my purchase order has two line items, one is for 6 eggs (which have unit of measure PC) and 2.5 kilogramms of flour (UOM is KG). When these are written on the output the eggs have no decimal places, the flour has 2 (this is defined in configuration). So;

Eggs 6 PC

Flour 2.50 KG

This happens only if I specify in the 'Currency/Quant. Fields' tab the field that holds my quantity and the reference field that hold the UOM, and specify data type QUAN. Same concept applies for currency where they have different numbers of decimal places (for example Japanese Yen is always expressed as a whole number with no decimals).

Regards,

Nick

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In smart forms if we want to display quantity and currency fields. We can't directly display currency field and quantity fields

For that we have to create an extra variable in global definitions

GLOBAL Definitions

WA_NETPR LIKE EKPO-NETPR

Ex: netpr FIELD of EKPO

CREATE program lines and specify WA_NETWR = itab-netpr.

Reward points!!!

Regards,

SaiRam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Declare the Qty and Currency fields in Global definitions TYPE similar to their data element

v_menge TYPE MENGE_D

v_NETWR TYPE NETWR

But if you wants to display them as Left justified , provided the space is not sufficient declare another CHAR fields of length 15 and move into them and use in the display.

<b>Reward points for useful Answers</b>

Regards

Anji

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can u send the code how to pass with currency fields ekpo-netwr ekpo-netwr

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

I am using SAP 4.6c and there is no currency/quantity tab. In this case how to proceed for currency and quantity field. Please suggest me.

Lincon