cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS: Documents opened in edit mode(CV02N) are not deleted from Temp Folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

My query is whenever i edit documents like word,pdf or autocad files in cv02n, it make a copy in my c/windows/temp folder but doesnot delete them when it close the transaction. i have given PC data carrier with path as %Temp% & in profiles i have defined the path as c/windows/temp/

So is there any solution by which the files opened in the edit mode will be deleted when i close the transaction or else after some specified time it should get deleted from the temp folder. Is there any standard configration for it.

Note: I have tried the 741388 note but it is only for display mode documents.

Regards

Nishant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Nishant,

unfortunately this is the standard behavior as for editing the application need a

temporary file and this file is still stored after closing the application to enable a re-checkin in the future too.

So the only possibility is to delete the temporary files from C:\Windows\Temp after some time manually. There is no functionality in the system standard as the SAP system has no control on the windows folders.

To achieve a very similar behavior you can set the "Delete after checkin" flag in transaction DC30 for this applications and see if this will meet your requirements.

This flag means that the original file gets deleted after you check them into a storage category. Maybe this could be usefull.

Best regards,

Christoph

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks christ