Regarding sld technicall systems,

i know web as abap is to configure sap sytems,

Third-Party is for legacy systems

can any body tell me about

Web AS Java?

Standalone Java?

System Landscape Directory?

when we go for this technical sytems,

and ca any body send me detial describtion and configuration about this technical systems.

regards

sandeep.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sandeep,

Web AS ABAP

Web AS ABAP technical systems, ranging from any SAP system to an APO server or CRM server, are based on the same Basis Component (BC), which includes the ABAP interpreter, ABAP Dictionary, ABAP Workbench, and so on. A dedicated database, which stores most of the data of the BC and the application components, is associated with the system.

Web AS Java

Web AS Java systems consist of one or more instances and each instance is installed on a separate host. An instance itself consists of cluster nodes that can communicate with each other.

Standalone Java

Standalone Java technical systems are standalone Java applications that are installed in a computer system from an administration perspective. They can also be installed as an operating system service or as a daemon.

Third-Party

Third-party technical systems contain third-party software components and products.

Third-party systems are not automatically registered in the SLD. Therefore, you have to create them manually by creating:

Third-party products

Third-party software components

Third-party technical system

Third-party business system

Exchange Infrastructure (XI)

XI technical systems are the infrastructure systems (such as integration servers and adapter engines) of XI.

vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sridhar,vasu,vasanth,

thank u for the reply,

can u explain me for any system landscape how can i divide systems,

can i divide as sap and non sap systems,

can u explain me in real time where we use web as java and third party systems,

can u name some of them,

can u give detail description about web as java and stand alone java.

regards,

sandeep.

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It is depends on your Landscape.

If your technical landscape is

1. R/3 system system then go for -> Web AS ABAP

2. It is Web application using Java (more instances and

each instance is installed on a separate host) then go

for -> Web AS Java.

3. If it is File system or any third party applications

then go for -> Third Party.

4. If it is Java application (Java applications that are

installed in a computer system from an administration

perspective) then go for -> Standalone Java.

See the links given below.. might be helps to you...

technical system in SLD - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm

/people/srinivas.vanamala2/blog/2007/02/05/step-by-step-guide-xml-file-2-xml-file-scenario-part-i

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm

Cheers...

Vasu

<b>** REWard POints if found useful **</b>

former_member529475
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep

<i>Web AS Java</i>

Web AS Java systems consist of one or more instances and each instance is installed on a separate host. An instance itself consists of cluster nodes that can communicate with each other.

One which runs on WAS JAVA stack needs WAS JAVA TS.

It is Web application using Java (more instances and

each instance is installed on a separate host) then go

for -> Web AS Java.

WEB As JAVA is used for Java Proxies .

<i>Standalone Java</i>

Standalone Java technical systems are standalone Java applications that are installed in a computer system from an administration perspective. They can also be installed as an operating system service or as a daemon.

If it is Java application (Java applications that are

installed in a computer system from an administration

perspective) then go for -> Standalone Java.

<i>System Landscape Directory</i>

SLD is used to provides information about all the installed systems in given landscape. This information includes the products & software components in that. Also the Technical Data ( like IP, Host Name etc )& Business Data about the systems.

Technical Systems can have diffrent types like Web As ABAP, Third Party etc.

Cheers...

Vasu

<b>** REward Points if found useful **</b><i></i>

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Try this

Web AS Java:

Standalone Java :

Third-Party :

Third-party technical systems contain third-party software components and products.

See the below links

technical system in SLD - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/10/registering-a-new-technical-system-in-sld--abap-based

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/24/8fa93e08503614e10000000a114084/content.htm

Thanks