cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Synchronous(request and response) File ->XI ->File

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually my intension is to clearly understand , how is the synchronous scenario implemented i.e in my scenario i am sending and a "XML" file through XI to another end which is also a " File " and on successful sending of XML file i want a response back in return from the reciever file , since it is bidirectional flow , i am confused as of what type my mesage interface should be ( like inbound,outbound,abstract ) . So, Can anybody help me with an example scenario

of synchronous type.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

b

Message was edited by:

Pierluigi Demaria

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<i>file through XI to another end which is also a " File " </i>

In this case u want a response back from file. This is not possible as file adapter does not support sync scenario.

<i>i am confused as of what type my mesage interface should be ( like inbound,outbound,abstract )</i>

If u use the adpter that supports sync scenario like RFC, SOAP etc, then u have to create interfaces as follows:

Outbound Synchronous interface for sender to XI

Inbound Synchronous for XI to receiver.

In each of the interface u have to specify the request and response message types.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prateek,

Well thanks Prateek , yesterday you provided me with a lot of help , almost 3/4th of work is done in the scenario.I have also got the webservice needed to implement the scenario .Actually the thing is i have created two message interface one is for sender ( outbound ,synchronous) and other for reciever ( inbound,synchronous).And i have created only one interface mapping which is implementing both interface one for "request" and other for "response ".But the thing i want i response back from SOAP adapter to sender side in form of XML file, confirming that first data which was sent from sender side(JDBC adapter) got posted on webservice , so its like getting back an acknowledgment , i am not able to implement response back from SOAP (reciever side ) to sender side(XML file)

Please help to get through it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

i assume you have a sync File to SOAP scenario,right?

the have a look at the following

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

the BPM will be designed in the same fashion,instead of RFC you will be using SOAP

Thanx

Ahmad

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use BPM. Scneario would be

JDBC - XI - SOAP req.

SOAP resp. - XI - File

<i>

[Dont forget to Reward helpful answers in each thread and close the thread]</i>

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

What you need to do is implement a Sync-Async Bridge using BPM.

1. The RFC will send a sync call , which gets routed to the Integration process (BPM). Here a sync-async brdige can be used to convert the sync request into a async call to the receiver system using file adapter.

2. Once the receiver system has processed the file, it's output can be oicked up by another file adapter and sent back to the Integration process (async).

3. This async message is then routed in the BPM to the response message of the sync interface of the RFC.

The file adapter can be used to generate flat files in non-xml format using 'Content Convrsion'.

You can check the onlin help for more details. ( help.sap.com is timing out at the moment, so I can't send you the exact links).

check this thread...it ill be more helpful to you...

they discussed about your problem...

hope this helpful....

Message was edited by:

sasitharan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

you cant get a response from File,it supports only system acknowledgement and to send this ack back to the sender File system,you need to configure a BPM .

by the way are you doing this scenario for test purposes,if yes,then i would suggest to work on File to RFC(sync) rather that File to File(sync)

Thanx

Ahmad