Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLD Object Server name

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is for PI 7.0.

I got to http://<hostname>:50000/sld and choose <b>Administrator</b> link.

On the right middle/bottom there is a Object Server name. This <b>Object Server</b> name is <b>localhost</b>. Where do I have to change it so I can see the actual host. I am expecting it to be a actual host name. My SAPLOCALHOSTFULL is set to full name.

Please let me know if anybody has any idea about it.

Regards.

Sume

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey

just want to make sure,all the assumptions which has has done,does ur settings complies to those assumptions,also are you working from ur local machine or working on XI server directly?

Thanx

Ahmad

Message was edited by:

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

What do you mean by assumptions Mr. Ahmad?

I have done the post installation steps for SLD and ran the template as well. They all finished successfully. Now as I said that it an AIX server, you can never open a SLD home page from the server. It has to be a windows based machine. I use my laptop to open the web pages of lot of SAP related stuff like /sld or /unseradmin etc. What I do is I type

http://dpix100:50000/sld.

Now you see from the above that I am not using localhost but rather an actual host to login.

So I do not know what you mean by “are you working from ur local machine or working on XI server directly” because I can never work directly from XI server as far as opening a SLD page is concern.

Now when you install XI on AIX/UNIX, by default it has localhost at lot of places. One has to change it. Read my last reply where I am saying how to change it and read the SDN link as well.

My question is that I do not se that Object Server link on the Administrator page.

Please reply if anybody has any idea about it.

Regards.

Sume

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sume,

The Object server is the combination of your SystemID+Host..

eg SIDHOST XYZServerX

I think we cannot change the Host name now....The Host name can be specified during the installation...

If I am wrong correct me.....

regards,

vasanth.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

<hostname>is basically the name of your SAP XI server,you can also give the IP address of the XI server name for hostname.

is this what you are looking for ?

Thanx

Ahmad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you both for a reply.

The host <b>localhost</b> is not my host but my host is dpix100. I should see this instead of localhost.

FYI that it is for AIX not windows. I have read that go to http://dpix100:50000/sld then choose Administratory link. I should see a another link under Details called "Server Settings". I should be able to change it here as it is stated here on the following link.

/people/sugree.phatanapherom/blog/2005/08/14/configuring-sld-in-sneak-preview-sap-netweaver-04-sneak

If this is the place where I can cgange it then why I do not see this link.

Please let me know. I will appreciate your help.

Regards

Sume

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

ur host name is nothing but ur computer name check the computer name by going to the mycomputer right click properties and their u can check ur host name give that host name in the object server.

Reward points if useful,

Regards,

Srinivas.D