cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd PDF printing in other languages....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SAP Integrated ITS 640 basis patch level 18. We configured the front end PDF printer device and it is working properly .When users login with japanese language ,they are able to see the screen in japanese language . Their browser is set to japanese language.When they give pdf printing ,the characters inside the PDF are not coming properly. Is there anything to do with the ITS side. We have tested for Transaction VT70.

Thanks,

Vasu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any updates on this. The problme may be due to Unicode/Patch problem as suggested. But the Portal is displaying in Japanese, so i guess unicode is working well.

Regards

Md. yusuf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Did anyone faced similar issue before?. The backend system (ECC 5.0) is not an unicode system. I tried various combinations like changing the encoding in browser to japanese language but i am not able to get the desired PDF output in japanese language. It is showing junk characters in PDF in place of japanese characters.

Regards

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any solution for my problem?.

Thanks

Vasu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Atlast i am able to resolve the issue. The problem is with the output device type. I have front-end printing device with device type <i>PDF ISO Latin </i> and that is why i am not able to see the japanese characters in PDF. I changed the devicetype to <i>PDF japanese</i> and am able to see Japanese characters in PDF.

Anyways thanks all for your help.

Thanks

Vasu