Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

NWA provide four UME roles

· SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL

· SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_LOCAL_READONLY

· SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL

· SAP_JAVA_NWADMIN_CENTRAL_READONLY

However, my system is manage via ABAP source only.

I'm not too familiar with security. I'm familiar with abap 46 pfcg and such, but not that much with the dual stack security.

Is there a way to setup an ABAP roles to be equivalentto to these UME roles? That way all i need to do is assign the abap roles to the users via CUA or SU01 instead of needing to go to the J2EE user admin to add these UME roles.

Is that possible and if it is, is there a procedure somewhere that show me how to set up these roles?

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer:

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and, the statements I make here in no way represent my employer's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employer on this matter.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

ABAP roles can be seen as Java groups, so you can assign the NWA roles to groups you created in PFCG (this is the only task you need to do in the Java side). Afterwards, you can assign users to these java roles through the ABAP roles connected from PFCG.

Regards,

Fermín

(Please reward with points if useful)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to just use ABAP authorization totally, without even the need of going to j2ee to assign the java roles to groups?

regards,

Laurence...

disclaimer:

The content of this message is my personal opinion only and, the statements I make here in no way represent my employer's position on the issue, nor am I authorized to speak on behalf of my employer on this matter.