cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printing the Output of background job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My SAP server of the client is in US and i am working in India. my functional people are running some b/g jobs Now, i want to print the output of a background job to my companys network printer in india.please advice

Thanks,

Pundari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pundari,

Goto spool request in SP01. Change the printer in the spool request to the required printer and fire the spool command. In this case either this network printer should be configured at SAP level or should be your frontend printer so that you can use it as LOCL printer.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give the details of the printer in the print specifications of the background job steps.

For a new job, print specifications can be given when you are defining steps via SM36.

For an existing job, goto SM37 -> select your job with released status-(menu option) job - change, Steps, select the report - edit option - You will get a screen popped up, specify the print specifications at the bottom of the new screen.

" Points for solution "

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Create one network printer using access method U and give your Network printer host and name like
10.xxx.xxx.xxx\HP401_4 (HP401_4 is name of the printer)

Once this is defined, users from India team can always select this printer when ever they want to print in your India office

Thank you

Mohan Simma

ps: Points are welcome for solutions