Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

authorization by user exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody

I want to share the authorization of a query / web template via variables and a user-exit.

I have created an authorization x1 that has one variable for values and one variable for hierarchy nodes.

The hierarchy contains different Infoobjects on different node levels.

For testing I replaced the variables by fix values. But I can only get the thing running when I put in the top node of the hierarchy for the hierarchy part. As soon as I put in a lower node (a node based on another Infoobject) I get a short dump.

By reading the SapHelp I found that in a hierarchy variable I have to put the nodevalue in the range_low and the name of the infoobject in range_high. So I guess I can use one variable for different Infoobjects as I need to.

Interesting side event is that when I execute the query in RSRT I do not get a authorization error but everyting works fine. As soon as I execute it in the web I get a dump.

When I trace the error I get a RC = 3 in function 'BICS_PROV_SET_HIERARCHY.

Can anybody tell me how I have to implement the variables for my hierarchy using different InfoObjects on different node levels?

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

christophe

Message was edited by:

christophe buehlmann

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Variable is nothing but a conditon to when you generating query against hirarchy report. For example looking data IBM of america, Brazil, China etc. if you put this three location into one variable then it is used in query to bring data per requirement. In Bw 3.5 you can generate variable at runtime itself no need now. There is no concept using variable aurhorizaton, it was old concept

If you need more help let me know

Thanks

happy

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for your reply happy but yes I need some more help.

I am on BW 7.0 (NW2004s). The SapHelp tells me that I can use a variable to get the authorization values at runtime.

My hierarchy looks like the following:

TopNode

costcenter1 (InfoObject 0costcenter)

DepartementA (InfoObject GLB (custom Object))

costcenter2 ...

costcenter3

DepartementB

costcenter4

costcenter5

etc...

Right now it only works when I give fixed values in the authorization. Like

costcenter 2 for the value variable and the topnode for the hierarchy variable.

And it also works when I give costcenter2 for the value variable and the costcenter2-node for the hierarchy variable

But it does not work when I have costcenter3 in the value variable and dpartementA in the hierarchy variable. Or when I only give a hierarchy variable.

How do I need to do this. If the user is authorized for all the costcenters in departementA and he selects costcenter 3 in the query he should be able to see this costcenter 3 .

Thanks for and ideas.

Christophe

0 Kudos

ok problem is solved now. The problem was the CO_AREA that is attached to COSTCENTER. Once we have given * to the CO_AREA the variables work fine...