Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On Solution please Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here I got one requirement that client user login into portal to access application from application server which is show in here below

Client user--

Logon screen
>Portal
--

> Application

Here is that Client should get access to application directly taking authentication policy from enterprise portal. Not taking any Iview settup. Example A user want to access a site www.google.com from application server. But request should go to Enterprise portal for authencation and Enterprise portal start logon ticket to application and it starts pops up the application without taking help from Iview. One way I did is created Iview and assign this Iview to the url site and created role with page with ivew and user account is in enterprise portal as well as in applicaiton server. So when user login in EP with user ID and password. the Popup should be url site only not Enterprise portal screen. Can this is possible, please let me know as soon as possible

Please anyone who respond me fast please send me as soon as possible

6 REPLIES 6

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I would love to help you quickly, but I am afraid I am not clear what you are looking for. Your explanation does not make sense to me. Perhaps you can try explaining again what you are trying to achieve ?

Sorry I didn't understand your explanation.

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

I will explain you call me at number <b><telephone number removed by moderator></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client want to use SAP enterprise portal for Authentication and Issuing tickets only by taking security policy which is adjusted in EP engine and logs in Application in the backend as single sign on. As user enters his/her user ID and password on Enterprise logon screen the next screen should be from Application screen not as SAP Enterprise screen which is created on SAP EP's IVIEW.

Let say application site url:http://www.google.com. For this we create url Iview in enterprise portal and assign this url to url site and iview created. Thus we created Iview on Enterprise portal pages, so when user logs in with user/passwd the screen is display in terms of Enterprise portal frame or it is display on SAP EP portal screen as like top folder/workset/page/iviews etc. But client doesn't want to see the site www.google.com on this format.but they want to see orginal screen of www.google.com once user enter with user/passwd on SAPEP logon screen.

hope you understand this. please send me complete step how to setup Enterprise portal for just Authentication and Issuing ticket system with complete details explanation steps

thanks

happy

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Happy,

What I am not clear on is :

Are you asking how you can launch an application (e.g. google web page) after a user signs onto the portal ? if so, I don't understand how this relates to SSO, or security - it sounds like you are asking for portal configuration guidance instead of asking a security or SSO question ? I am sure you are aware, if you authenticate with portal and the ticket login stack is configured to issue an SSO2 ticket, this ticket (represented by a domain cookie in browser) will be sent in the request to access other sites in your browser as long as the other site is in same domain. This is because it is a domain cookie.

I didn't get to call you yesterday because you provided your telephone number past midnight for me, and I was in bed, sleeping ..zzzzz

Thanks,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

If you send me your phone number I will explain you.

thanks

happy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

Here is my email address please send me your contact info email: <b><removed by moderator></b>

Thanks

Happyman