cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local J2EE Engine Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to install the local J2EE Engine to my laptop, so that I can deploy and run my web dynpro locally. I went to SDN Downloads - NW - SAP NetWeaver 2004 Java Trial Version is what I want. Under "Select file for download", there are 4 files to download. Do I need to download all of them? I downloaded the first file which took me about 3 and a half hours, but I could not unzip the file. I have to install it ASAP, so please give me suggestion. I would really appreciate your help.

Regards,

- Napadol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have to download <b>Java Edition File 1</b> and <b>Java Edition File 2</b> , unless you download both you cant install J2EE engine.

Thanks

Prince Jose

PS: Points appreciated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Jose,

Thank you for your response. I am installing the files now and will let you know how if goes.

Regards,

- Napadol

PS. Rewarded points to you already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

After downloading SAPNetWeaver04_SP16View.part1 and SAPNetWeaver04_SP16View.part2, I was able to unzip part1. In part2, there was just one file in the winZip (Source.properties). Is it supposed to be like this?

Now, after I unzipped the files, there are 4 folders under the NWSneakPreivewSP16 folder:

- RDBMS_MaxDB_7.5.0_Build_18_NT

- SAP_NetWeaver_04_SR_1_Installation_Master

- SAP_NetWeaver_04_SR_1_Java_DVD

- SneakPreviewContent

Do I need all of these in order to run J2ee engine locally? Am I missing anything? I could not find the setup file for the J2ee engine. Please anyone tell me. I really have no idea how to do this. Thanks.

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Usually the setup will be in Installation master CD . You will need all the folders as installation required files from those directories

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Joe,

Thanks for responding, but I don't see the setup file under the Installation Master. The only files that I can install are DBM75.exe and SQLSTD75.exe under the. I am new to this, please bear with me.

Thanks,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you seeing start.bat ?

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

I only see sapinst.bat. When I click on that, it gives me this message " Windows cannot find "sapinst.ext" Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Do I need to re-download part2 again?

Thanks,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could anyone please tell me what this means?

Extracting NWSneakPreviewSP16\SneakProviewContect\SDM\SDMKit.JAR Error: CRC mismatch in file “NWSneakPreviewSP16\SneakProviewContent\SDM\SDMkIT.JAR” in the archive “C:\temp\SAPNetWeaver04_SP16

This is the error message I got when trying to extract the unzip file of part2. Do I need to download file part3 as well?

Thanks,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Napadol,

This error means there are some problem with downloaded files or download is not complete. I just looked the downlaod page download all the 4 files and put it same directory and extract.Yous shouldnt change the file name while saving . These are Multispanning archive files , means archives which are divided into several files due the size

I thought you were installting NW04s ( 7 ) which has only 2 files to download.

Thanks

Prince Jose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prince Jose,

I got it fixed and installed already. Actually, I only needed part1 and part2 for what I was looking for. I used winzip to download them, and that caused the errors which I don't know why. So, I switched to winrar, and it went well. I got it installed successfully, and thank you again for trying to help. I rewarded you again.

Regards,

-Napadol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Napadol,

Nice to know that it got fixed .. yes you have to use winrar

Thanks

Prince Jose

0 Kudos

Hi Napadol,

I tried installing the J2EE engine locally following the above steps to run my webdynpro application but am getting the below error:

ERROR 2007-07-23 09:10:15

FSL-01027 Account user="WOI_DLH1_NT\rahejg1" does not exist.

Do you have any idea about this?

Regards,

Gaurav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gaurav,

I didn't see this error when I was installing it, so I am not really sure what the problem is. You can ask people around, and I am sure that someone will know it.

Regards,

-Napadol

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am able to install the whole installation properly but do i need to do anything for sap system to start. when i go for exchnage profile info it gives a connection refused exception.

Thanks