cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

finding process steps from BPR - some process steps missing SAP tcodes

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Solution Manager 4.0, we are currently focusing on the documentation part and our teams have defined their respective hierarchies, scenarios, processes, and process steps.

When looking at our process steps, we are trying to download it from the BPR but it seems such an uphill battle to find the right process step in there and if you think you have it there are no transactions behind it.

My questions are:

1. Is there any way I can find a process in the BPR by transaction code so it will show processes by transaction code?

2. Any tips of finding the right process in the BPR?

3. If we are to manually add the process steps and the transactions by process step, what do we lose? In the structure tab of the business process, the source and original name will not be populated but looking at the transaction tab of the process step, after manually added, it looks fine. Will this at all influence getting the customization (configuration) items in SolMan?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I still was not able to find the way to download the BPR in/to excel from service.sap. If you know the specific steps or link to complete this I would appreciate you feedback again. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

The best way to find the process step in sol Man BPR is:

Let us consider one scenario:

You want to find business process step "Run MRP" from BPR. If you want to execute this process step, the relevant t.code is MD01. ( Let us assume You know this t.code already by memory).

Now enter this t.code in Sol Man, at business process step level. If you enter this t.code, automatically, the system will give you the "Description of the t.code (as a text)". This text is automatically fetched from BPR content. Copy this text & search in BPR.

Now , the system will properly highlight the t.code (MD01) from BPR. Now select the process from BPR.

Regards

Senthil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for this idea.....It does work well on some simple transactions where the text in the bpr matches exactly to text(description) of t-code. For those that do not match, it also gives some clues on good words to use in a wildcard search of BPR.

For example, the text for MD06 gave "Collective Display Of MRP List". Where I could not find this in BPR, a search on MRP List does get found.

Eventually it would be nice to be able to get the exploded BPR w/ t-codes in a format for searches by t-code.

Thanks again, and please revert if you have further ideas/feedback.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to download process steps from BPR . From this thread i came to know that we can download BPR from service market place.

But unable to trace the path from where we can download this BPR

Kindly advise!!

Neelima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback and suggestions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Right now i don't have the link but there is way by which you just login to service.sap and there you can download the BPR in the excel sheet and then you can just search the process in excel sheet and search the req process.

If you do manually you have to provide and links/transaction code/BC sets etc for the same but there won't be any problem i.e. for sure.

Please reward points for the same.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the feedback, and hint on looking up via Excel.

Just to clarify, In Solman if we have to manually type in our process step and the related t-codes(not pulled in from BPR), will this still bring in all the customizing and configuration items? I was concerned that by not using the BPR initially to pull in steps and t-codes, we woudl lose some functionality/content later?

alexander_maetzing
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Peter,

if you manually type in all your project structure without any link to the BPR, you will of course lose all other information (documents, configurations, etc.) ... where it should come from? The only possibility you have is to select the single steps from BPR and then overwrite the not wanted information (e.g. replace the transaction codes).

Reason for that is that the BPR is structured as a hierarchy based on the process steps with "links" to the other related objects. If you don't have the step as source, these links are not available.

Best regards, Alexander

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As i already said and infact alexander mentioned that we can add manually all the processes but there won't be any issue .

Only the standard things won't come automatically like IMG objects,doc etc which you have to add manually too.

In real scenario we always have a combination of standard and manual scenarios.

Please reward points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Could you possibly find the link for this Excel file?