cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help on JDBC Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Scenerio SAP R/3 [Proxy]<-XI adapter->--XID<JDBC adapter>----->SQL.

So its SAP Outbound Interface and I have 3 channels at SQL Side [MRI system]

1] One is to Send the Data to SQL

2] One is to get the error message from SQL back to SAP

3] And one is to get the status message back from SQL to SAP

And at the SAP Side I have 2 channels

1] One is to Receive the Error Message and send back to R/3 [Proxy]

2] One is to Receive the Status Message and send back to R/3 [Proxy]

Now I have everything ready and there were around 1200 documents sent at once from SAP to get posted to SQL everything is going fine from SAP -

> SQL but when we receive the messages back from SQL---->SAP its going very slow I am seeing in SXMB_MONI the messages from SQL->SAP counter is updating very slow.as I have kept 1 sec as polling interval.

Is there anything I should look with the performance issue in getting the channel work fine or much better ?

Thanks

Sudharshan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure if there is any specific solution for this since you are saying that the message processing is slow in XI IE. Do you have BPM involved in this? Is it a synchronous interface? what amount of data is going from SQL to SAP XI? These are some of the factors which you can look at. However, if you are not using any of these, then i am not sure of the reason for slow processing. The number of other messages that are being processed at the same time your message is being processed also amounts for the processing time.

reward if helpful,

Sarath.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It happens because of no. of work processes/open resources available that point of time. Just check it out during off-peak hours and see how it works,

Also make sure that Business Process in SAP is not very complex and if it is a custom code to process the SQL response in SAP,then recheck the performance part of the custom code in SAP.

Check out the response message size, etc. You can verify these in the Performance Monitoring in RWB..so that you can find out the statistics

In XI, you can just cross check with Tuning Parameters.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70ada5ef-0201-0010-1f8b-c935e444...

Rgds,

Moorthy