cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm execution does nothing - error

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I execute this SmartForm it does nothing. If I try to preview it nothing comes up and when I try to print it nothing goes to the print spool. However, if I remove the address node then it works fine. Does anybody have any ideas?

I am also wondering what table the address node hits (uses for the address).

Regards,

Davis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The address node is a bit sensitive to having the right data. It essentially calls the function module ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM using the variables defined in your address node, if the address number is empty or if you have a personal address without a person number you will get the sort of problem you're seeing.

It may be worth debugging your form and stopping at the function module ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORM to check the data being passed and find the specific error the module is raising.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick, thanks I'll have to try that out. I am having this problem on two, unrelated, forms. I have created over 20 forms and just started having this problem.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

I debugged the form and it is returning an error saying that the address does not exist. Do you know what table it uses to look for an address? I did not think that it would exist because I am using the vendor number (not an address number) but this is what I was told to do by our consultant for EDI. I did not think that it would work but I was assured that it would. They don't seem to know what they are doing so it does not surprise me one bit.

Regards,

Davis

Former Member
0 Kudos

The address table is ADRC (there's a table ADRP for personal addresses, but as you're looking at a vendor it's unlikely to be used here).

On table LFA1 the address number field is ADRNR, if this field is available in your form you would need to use this. Otherwise a quick look up to LFA1 should give you what you need.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nick thank you so much. I was unsure if ADRC was being called because I ran into a situation about a month ago that the updated address wasn't coming through. I guess I was just using the wrong adrnr. I will have to look at LFA1. I asked a few people here, including our 'BASIS' person and nobody knew what the vendor master was.

Thanks again!

Davis

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member196280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use Trail and Error method!!

Try to modify the address variable values with Hard coded text elements.

If you still have the problem, delete the address window and re-create it, if not try to add each variable field in the address window and see which variable is causing the problem and then try to trace it out why the problem is coming out.

Regards,

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

1) To create an address node , call the context menu for that node in the tree structure that one wants to contain the text and choose create->text

2) Enter a name for the node and a description

3) Determine the address type on the general attributes tab

4) For organizational addresses one has to specify the address number, for any other one has to specify the person number and the address number

5) In the box additional addresses one can maintain other attributes to specify how to display the address

Regards

Sudheer