Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCO connection using SNC

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi fellas,

I hope someone of you can help me with this, as I've been fighting hours over hours without final success.

I want to create a RFC connection using JavaConnector, with SNC enabled!

What I got so far:

RFC-Connection - no problem

but from then on I don't know where I might have gone wrong or missed out something

I followed all help and documentation I could find to setup a SNC PSE (SSL PSE has already been created earlier), so I did that, but on trying to open the connection I only get thrown this error:

Exception raised: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (102) RFC_ERROR_COMMUNICATION: Connect to SAP gateway failed

ERROR SNCERR_BAD_NT_PREFIX

SncPImportPrName() parsing error

name="{what_should_I_enter_as_snc_myname?}"

If I do not specify snc_myname, this error pops up:

Exception raised: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$Exception: (103) RFC_ERROR_LOGON_FAILURE: SNC-Name und angegebener Benutzer/Mandant passen nicht zusammen

(SNC-Name and specified user/client to do fit)

Hope to find some help here, as I can't get it to work with all the info fragments I collected.

Max

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

How much do you understand about using X509 certificates for authentication ?

You will need to read up on this and then you will find some obscure point well hidden in the documentation that will give you the hint on how to use it...

Enjoy

maximilian_schaufler
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So far I only know the basics about it (PKI, ...), came in touch with it when creating SSL-certificates via SAP Support Portal Trust Center and used it in our WebAS.

I'm a bit confused about what I need in order to get SNC working. Server and client certificates? How can I get such certificates for SNC (or how/why are they different to SSL)?

Could you please point me to your mentioned documentation? I seem to get lost in the various docus and help files I ran into, and certainly did not find anything that would relate to JCo. (Hard to find the hint if I'm on the wrong island looking for the treasure ...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In order to use SSL with the JCO you will have to

a) set up the SAP system for SSL (SNC setup)

b) create a certificate (X509) for the user

c) pass the user as $X509CERT$ (check JCO doc)

d) pass some key from the cert as passwd in the JCO

For the general documentation use google and java.sun.com and look for JCE, (Java Cryptography Extension), JSSE

etc...

Enjoy

Answers (0)