cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot stop CCMS Agent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I've done the CCMS agent registration manually, just once, local & central system both in the same setup procedure. The registration was sucessful, but in RZ21 (both local, central) the agent in is mode SHUTDOWN). EXA=local, GMD=central. It was not possible to open an RFC connection (registered server program not registered).

I now want to undo the registration, but this doesn't work because the running ccms agent does not want to stop.

When I do : sapccmsr -status -j2ee [ pf=<complete path of agent profile file> ]

• CCMS agent running on this machine: ********

• sapccmsr with profile /sapmnt/EXA/profile/...

• registered at central system GMD

• registered at central system

• CCMS version 20040229, 64 bit

• Process Id 6991946

• relno 7000

• patchno 102

• intno 20050900

When I try top stop it with : sapccmsr -stop -j2ee [ pf=<complete path of agent profile file> ]

INFO: Setting Stop Flag for sapccmsr

INFO: Waiting for background process to stop...

INFO: Background process has not stopped after 10 seconds.

INFO: Process might be busy..

INFO: Please try again.

EXITING with code -1

I can't get it to shutdown, no matter how many times I try or how long I wait. Is there a way to kill this agent another way? Is this agent located on R/3, java stack or outside sap instance? Can I stop this agent by restarting the whole sap instance ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem is solved. The CCMS agent was actually not running, altough in the status it says it is running. Somehow the process has crashed, only the agent program is not aware of this. It makes sense that the shutdown command doesn't work, it's impossible to stop a process that no longer exits.

All processes were cleaned up after a restart of the box.