cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customising ESS Working Time Iview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

My requirement is to customise the ESS Working time iview. It is when I enter into record working time iview i would be getiing weekly and Daily view tabs.

In weekly view tab if i click on Rec. Cctr column's value help button I get a popup with Advanced Search. There if I click on Go button I could see Cost Center, CO Area, Company Code, Cctr Category, Short Text columns. Here I am getting IDs for the Cost Center field, where as my client wants the description instead of Cost Center ID. I created the relevent projects for this from Inactive DCs. I created projects for esscat, pcui_gpxssfpm, pcui_gp~xssutils.

But when I see the code I come across so many interface controllers and components but could not make out corresponding code (the location to make changes) if I further navigate to those interface controllers and components. Please help me in finding out the location of the code.

I am using EP 7, NWDS 7, ESS 1.0.

Points will be awarded.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmi,

firstly take a look at the following tutorial about OVS.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/webdynpro/wd%20jav...

After going through this tutorial, you should be familiar with how the Advance input help is designed using OVS.

Then try understanding the code in ess~cat.

You will not find the code that corresponds to Rec. Cctr Column alone. It will be dynamically determined by the runtime framework.

I havent looked at the controller code in detail but once you go through this tutorial, it should make things easy for you.

Good luck.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the customvaluehelp controller, there is an inner class called LocalOVSContextNotificationListener, this is the OVS listener class.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

The code given is very generic. If u have a look at my requirement, I could not see the code corresponds to Rec. Cctr Column.( The code is being generated dynamically, i.e column headers etc). What I want to do is I have to select the value help provided in this Rec. Cctr column, then a popup comes saying advanced search, I have to select one of the Cost Centers provided from this Popup.I am currently getting Cost Center Ids, I want to make this to Cost Center Description.

In this regard I have to make changes. I exactly want to know where to change this code. Hope I made myself clear.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the VcCatRecordEntry component(ess~cat), there is a custom controller called CustomValueHelp. You will find the implementation of OVS in this custom controller.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi laxmi,

Thanks for ur reply.

In that Custom controller also I could not find any code related to that advanced search popup.

Thanks,

lakshmi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You only need to be looking at the ess~cat component, the advanced searched is an OVS search, when this is initialised make sure the node that contains the result list contains another attribute which contains the cost centre description. You may need to change the RFC that is called to get the cost centres if the description is not alrady returned to the web dynpro. Then just populate the cost centre description into the required elements.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sivajan,

Thanks for ur reply. But the thing is I am not able to locate the Value Help code itself.i.e in which component the particular code resides.

Help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Lakshmi.