cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving data from web dynpro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a simple input form in web dynpro that I would like to write the results to an oracle database. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarah,

You can use a simple Java Bean Model for this.

1. Create a java project in NWDS.

2. Add a class to this java project and write your code to save the data to the database.

3. jar this project and import it into your webdynpro.

4. Import java class as a model.

5. Do the corresponding context mappings.

6. Deploy and Run the application

Thanks ,

Suvarna

• Award points if helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can have an EJB project where you can take the data from WD and save it to Oracle. Please see the tutorials on how to use EJB with WD project. Or in a simpler way you can just have a Java helper class where you can access the database with normal JDBC programming.

If you need some specific help post it here - someone would surely help out with code snippet.

Regards,

Shubhadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Or in a simpler way you can just have a Java helper class

> where you can access the database with normal JDBC

> programming.

This sounds like what I want to do. Would this code then just go into the onActionSubmit? What would that look like?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes - inside the onActionSubmit you can call your Java Helper class. Its suggested that you dont write JDBC or any other business logic related code directly in your WD application. So I am mentioning another Java class to be created. You can create a Java class inside your WD project also and write the DB connection adn DB query related statements there in some method. From your onActionSubmit just call them.

Regards,

Shubhadip