cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDX2 Vs Imported Objects

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can import the IDOC Meta Structure using the Transaction IDX2, if I import that in which place the Structure will be stored?

Whether this structure is used by all the SWCV?

Then what is the use of the Imported Objects, there also we have the IDOC importing facility?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

According to my understanding,

use of IDX2,

This metadata is useful during the RFC communication btw R/3 and XI (R/3 -> IDoc -> XI case for ex), the metadata loaded here helps in identifying what message type is being sent by the r/3 system

The Imported Object we use in XI is for mapping and interface mapping.

I hope i answered to your point

brdgs

Ramesh P

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184619
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pete,

<b>Then what is the use of the Imported Objects, there also we have the IDOC importing facility?</b>

In IR the imported Objects provide the structure that we will use in Message mapping, message interfcae and other IR Objects.

check this link: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/2b/a48f3c685bc358e10000000a11405a/frameset.htm

<b>IDX2</b>

check my reply in this

Sachin

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>Whether this structure is used by all the SWCV

Yes

Regards

Agasthur iDoss

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dudes.

Would some one give me more Meaningful answer please

We can import the IDOC Meta Structure using the Transaction IDX2, if I import that in which place the Structure will be stored?

Whether this structure is used by all the SWCV?

Then what is the use of the Imported Objects, there also we have the IDOC importing facility?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

IDOC metadata is different from actual IDOC.Metadata means data about data which is the properties of IDOC,its attributes etc.when Metadata is created in XI,its not the actual IDOC but its the properties of IDOC which helps XI interpret the IDOCs properly and handle them correctly.

whereas on the other hand when u import the IDOC as an external definition in IR you get the actual IDOC structure,like its header and control field tags(ofcourse without any data values in them)

You can think of your name as an IDOC and your address,age,phone number etc as the metadata.

hope this example does not offends you and also calrifies the doubt:)

Thanx

Ahmad