Did you mean: 

Thumbnail Images in ECC6.0 in DMS

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi DMS Experts

In ECC6.0 There is functionality in DMS in Transaction Code CV04N

to display thumbnail images .

I have done setting in Workstation apllication and Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails (Images).Still I am not able to display images in thumbnails

Apart from this are there any setting to be done.

this functionality works in IDEAS server, but not in Sandbox which I made setting.

Does this work for Easy DMS only.

Pls guide me

With warm regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

christoph_hopf
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pande,

generally please note that the thumbnail display supports graphics in JPG, GIF or BMP only.

To enable the proper thumbnail display you have to maintain also a thumbnail sequence in the customizing under Set Up Workstation Application for Thumbnails (Images). Here you can determine what type of thumbnail is displayed first for the specific document type. If you want to enable thumbnail view for other

graphic formats you have to implement a specific converter which can be done by BADI implementation. You will find further information in transaction SPRO under

- Cross-Application Components

- Document Management

- General Data

- Business Add-Ins (BAdIs)

--> BAdI: Enhancements for Thumbnails (Images)

I hope this information will help you to enable thumbnail display.

Best regards,

Christoph

MangeshP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph Hopf

Thanks for the Information .

I will try out definetly

Thanks and Regards

former_member204787
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear  Mangesh Pande,

I have the same requirement .Could you please check on SCN http://scn.sap.com/thread/3441785.

I am waiting for your valuable inputs.

Regards,

chandu

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Pande,

the thumbnails are generated by two sources automatically, the Easy DMS or the CAD Integrations. Alternatively the conversion server could deliver them. Do you have Thumbnail Files attached to the DIR? Then the search result should work.

Best regards,

Martin