cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SRM 5.0 SR2 installation error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope I'm in the right forum. Anyway, I'm trying to install SRM 5.0 SR2 in Windows Server 2003 Enterprise x64 edition using Oracle 10.2 database and we're just in the phase where the central instance/system is being installed, specifically in the "Create database" phase. We encountered the following error:

<b>WARNING 2007-07-12 19:49:32

Execution of the command "C:\oracle\SR1\102\bin\oradim -NEW -SID SR1 -STARTMODE manual -SRVCSTART system" finished with return code 14. Output:

Instance created.

DIM-00019: create service error

O/S-Error: (OS 1053) The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

ERROR 2007-07-12 19:49:32

CJS-00095 Error return code.<br>DIAGNOSIS: Return code 14 of executable C:\oracle\SR1\102/bin/oradim indicates an error.<br>SOLUTION: See log file oradim.log for details.</b>

The oradim.log file contains:

<b>Instance created.

DIM-00019: create service error

O/S-Error: (OS 1053) The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.</b>

The we tried creating the service manually using the command: oradim -NEW -SID SR1 -STARTMODE manual and it gave us the same error, that the service was not able to start in a timely fashion.

Can someone help us with this error? Any input will be appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Regards,

Kris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is your network properly configured? Do you have the correct entries (hostname, full qualified hostname, localhost) in your c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts?

If the user is a domain user, is the domain controller reachable?

--

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the responses I received for this question/issue.

My team was able to solve the issue by re-installing the Oracle database software. I believe there were just missing oracle files/folders that was causing the error I described. After the Oracle re-installation, we were able to proceed with SRM installation.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you install the 32 Bit or 64 Bit version of Oracle10?

Did you install a patchset (10.2.0.2.0) after finishing sapserver.cmd?

- if so did the patchset installation went through without error messages?

Did you install the minipatch (10.2.0.2.14)

- if so did the opatch finish without error messages?

regards

Peter