cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible in Solman ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing a specific problem in my organisation with repsect to Change Request Management, I will try to expalin via example,

There are 2 child companies(comp), Comp AA and Comp AB both have there own usermanagement concept. Comp AA SAP userid starts with abcxxxx and comp AB SAP Userid starts with xyzxxxx.

Now Comp AA wants to use the Centarlised Solman of comp AB for Change request management(CRM) and in CRM, the Solution Manager requires for a proper quality of working the same User-IDs on the Satellite Systems as on the Solution Manager itself.

So is there any way or possibility where we can map userids in an efficient way and solve this problem.

Waiting for reply.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear abhijit barui,

For change request management solution manager uses trusted RFCs for logging in to the satellite systems,and these trusted RFC should be defined as current user because then only we can maintain the authorization for the user in Satellite system,i.e., if a user ABC who is a developer logs in to satellite system from solution manager for doing development activity,the user should have proper developer authorization in the satellite system for the same user ID.This we can achive by setting the T RFC user logon as current user.

There is no way in solman for doing user ID mapping.

Hope this is useful.Revert for any clarification.

Thanks and Regards,

Avinash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Avinash,

Thanks for your repsonse.

Does it means, a huge organisation who has more than 10,000 users have to recompile all the information and maiantain a single userid in solman and their satellite systems OR the other posiibliity is "Solution Manager Change request Management " is not possible to implement in such a organisation.

Waiting for reply. Thanks

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Avinash,

Just to add more on the above reply.

What do you mean by "these trusted RFC should be defined as <u><b>current user</b></u> " .

Can change request management in Solution Manager work with the normal RFC and not TRFC ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

ChaRM needs trusted RFC's.

<i>From what I understand:</i>

Current User means use the login of the person that is performing the task for the TRFC authentication.

You can also set TRFC's up to use one login/passs for the authentication, no matter who is performing the task.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhijit barui ,

In SMSY when we generate the RFCs for the systems for which we enable ChaRM,it will generate 3 RFCs namely Read,TMW and Trusted.After generating the RFCs Once you double click the trsuted RFC it will take you to the details of the RFC,you can see 5 tabs,on Tech settings Tab u can see host name ip address so on.Logon&security you can see the logon data where current user should be selected.

Hope this is useful,revert for any clarification,

Thanks nad Regrads,

Avinash.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

DSAG is discussing that issue, until know i see no outcome!

rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Abhijit,

Is it possible within the mentioned organization to have different clients on the centralized Solution Manager with a User IDs mapping 1:1 to the Satellite Systems?

With such a Solution each child company will be able to work independently. I am not really sure at this point in time, if there are any restriction within the Solution Manager and the possibility to use different clients?

Does anybody have some more information about client concept and ability in the Solution Manager?