cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Negative acknowledge not triggering system Exception

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I've a send step in my BPM which sends an IDOC and waits for the application acknowledge. After watching several threads, and specially SAP Note 837285, we can read that:

"Permanent negative acknowledgements: If the BPE receives a

permanent negative system or application acknowledgment, the

asynchronous send step waiting for it triggers a system error for

which you can define an exception handling."

Well, in my send step I've placed a system exception for handling this negative acknowledges but eventough I'm getting the negative application acknowlege from R3 (in SXMB_MONI I get the ack figure with a red cross indicating 'Ackonwledgment contains applic. errors'), the BPE doesn't trigger the system exception. Instead it enters in my deadline branch after quite a long time, ending the process....

Can you guys give me a hand?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goncalo,

Based on what you are telling me it seems to me that the system is timing out before the error is reached and system error is triggered, which then can be caught.

I would try and add a wait to the block....

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

What is happening is:

After the idoc reaches R3, the Send step begins waiting for the ALEAUD ack from R3. I've got a System Exception for handling negative acks and a deadline branch for communication errors during the sending step... Meanwhile, the negative ack reaches XI (I can see it on the SXMB_MONI of XI) but the send step still waits for the ack. Of course, after the timeframe which was set for the deadline branch, the bpm will be completed because it jumps to that branch.

I can't figure it out why isn't the BPM catching the negative acknowledges..... :S If the acknowledge is error-free, the send step catches it and proceeds to the next step....

Any ideas? suggestions....? crazy attempts....?

The only point possible is the acknowledge received not being a permanent negative ack but a transient negative ack.... How can I check this IMPORTANT point.... ?

Message was edited by:

Gonçalo Mouro Vaz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

maybe this was never tried but i'd like to try it anyway.... Can you guys clear my doubts related to:

- When does the IDOC return a system error? And when does it return a temporary error? What is the difference in the IDOC Status?

Thanks in advance

ravi_raman2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Goncalo,

Try this...Change your block as below...

1) If you get system exception..etc..as below.

2) change the block to if you get a negative ack first then trigger a stop in the loop so that your send doesent wait for the ack, that should take care of it..

Let me know

Regards

Ravi Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

I've tried several attempts with your suggestion...but one thing that puzzles me is, you mentioned a loop. What loop? Are you referring to the waiting time that the send step is obliged to wait? And when you say, "trigger a stop", you mean place a control canceling the process?

Thanks again for your reply.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you mean you could see acknowledgement in SXMB_MONI of R/3 or of XI?

Did you request acknoledgments for IDocs in XI?

Check this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/932e8896b610bbe10000000a422035/frameset.htm

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Henrique,

I'm requesting the corresponding acknowledges with my BPM. Nevertheless, I've tried your suggestion but the result is the same.

Thanks for your suggestion....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone give any suggestion, any ideas.... ? I'm struggling....