Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Debugging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have activated the external debugging through the following steps:

Utilities -> Settings -> ABAP Editor -> Debugging -> External Debugging and made the check box as active.

and I have put the breakpoint in the program where it is getting called, the HTTP breakpoint is set for 2 hours.

But the breakpoint is not getting stopped!

Can anyone please let me know if anything else needs to be done.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Sreenivas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A simple way for debugging is to add an ABAP breakpoint in your program, and add the parameter ~GENERATEDYNPRO 1 to the sicf service of your transaction.

Regards.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

I have added the parameter both in the SICF and the internet service in SE80, but it still doesn't stop.

Naveen:

The id hasn't been shared by anyone. When Iam debugging through SM50 its getting stopped at the correct place.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Which transaction you are using...supposeif you are creating SC then you have to BBPSC01 service in SICF service.

In service -> select "GUI CONFIGURATION" there u have to maintain parameter ~GENERATEDYNPRO and value is 1.

please let me know scenario..which you want to debug.

Please reward points if helpful..

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

I did that but it isn't working. I was testing with SC and Bid Invitation. I have entered the below mentioned parameter for both at the sub node level and GUI config level. !!

It looks very strange.. Do you have any other idea?

Best Regards,

Sreenivas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you tell me wr exactly you are putting break point in GUI level...i mean program name or BADI name ...

and u have check the following settings Utilities -> settings -> debugging in that users must be ur name.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

If its not working ...for some of BADIs thorugh WF it will call...so even if you break point it will not stop, so u have to put hard break point for temporary.

Thanks

Venkatesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

It looks like first the external debugging needs to be active from the server. Then only it will work.

Thanks for all your help!

Best Regards,

Sreenivas.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved on my own!

ramki_maley
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Kindly post your resolution. It will help others not having to ask the same question again.

Cheers,

Ramki.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sreenivas,

Is the user id being shared ? If yes, there is every possibility that it has been stopped in another session. Also, are you sure that the statement would be called where the break-point is set ?

Regards,

Naveen.