cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need : How to include an external jar in a Development Component Project

Former Member
0 Kudos

I know this issue has been addressed in a previous discussion thread, however none of the answers given worked for me.

I have created a Development Component Project of type Web Dynpro. I need to access an external jar. I copied the jar to the lib directory of the project, and created a reference to it in the build path. The WebDynpro app builds correctly, but when I deploy it and try to run it I get a "NoClassDefFoundError" on objects in the referenced jar file.

However, if I create a new Web Dynpro project (as opposed to a new Development Component project), everything works fine.

Any detailed, step-by-step help for how to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not sure about your previous threads. But i am referring to external jar as follows.

1. Create a DC of type Java.

2. Create a Public part and include the external jar

in the public part.

3. Create a webDynpro DC and refer to the public part of

the above java project.

Regards, Anilkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for responding, but I need very explicit help on this as I am not succeeding.

1. Create a CD of type Java - I have done this.

2. Create a Public part and include the external jar

in the public part.

- Exactly how do I do this? I would greatly appreciate

a step-by-step walkthrough.

- After doing this do I need to build the project?

- Do I need to deploy it to the J2EE engine? If so, how?

3. Create a webDynpro DC and refer to the public part of

the above java project.

- After doing this, do I still need to have a reference to the original JAR file in the build path?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the forum "Using External JARs in a Web Dynpro Project"

https://www.sdn.sap.com/sdn/collaboration.sdn?node=linkFnode6-1&contenttype=url&content=https://

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Santhosh.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link. I will try it and see how it goes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tried using the instructions from the link - didn't succeed. I really need an idiot-proof step by step guide how to do this, of the type:

Click "File -> New -> Project.."

with every step fully detailed.

Thanks in advance,

Walter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please continue in the other topic and close this one. There's no need to have two topics on the same subject.

Thanks in advance!

Answers (0)