Classic Scenanio and Extended Classic Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I would implement on the same system 2 different scenario:

1. Classic Scenario for self service procurement

2. Extended Classic Scenario for the following business scenario:

a. PR from ECC is transfered into Sourcing Cockpit with Plan Driven Scenario

b. buyer convert the SC created in Sourcing Cockpit into a GOA or a PO that are transfered to ECC.

Can coexist this different scenario?

Can I address this different scenario only with organizational differences?

Thanks

Bye

Marco

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

I see 2 quick ways to realise your requirement.

The first is to create an attribute in t77omattr for a position and maintain that attribute in the organisational model. This attribute could just be filled with an X for example.

Then you have to implement BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI and retrieve the attribute you created with FM BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES (use sy-uname to retrieve the attribute for the current user).

The 2nd is to create a Z-table with the user-ids that you want to use the local (or ECS) scenario. Then again in BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI you have to write the logic to retrieve and compare this.

Keep in mind that these are user-based distinctions and not based on scenario.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

basically this is possible. But the scenario is selected / driven by product category.

It is not depending on the implemented scenarios. The category is the trigger. A

organizational unit is not triggering any event.

The SAP standard assumes, that there are direct material categories and indirect

categories. Via that difference, the system can be triggered to use the related

C or EC scenario. Therefore, if you are able to differatiate, it works by standard.

Cheers,

Claudia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Claudia,

I mean that I have same users (Buyers) that work in plan driven scenario and through sourcing cockpit create PO and Contract to replicate on backend and some other users (Employee) that shop (create Shopping Cart) in classic scenario.

I ask you:

I can take separeted this scenarios through organizational attribute. For example:

Buyer is able to create PO and Contract linked to back end

Employee is able only to create shopping cart (but I have to find the way to avoid that SC is shown into sourcing cockpit... have you some suggestions)

Thank you

Bye

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marco

If you do not maintain Sourcing config for Product categories then all follow-on docs will be created in backend R3 system when SC is created in SRM. This is purely Classic scenario.

If you want certain product categories goes to sourcing the define Product categories for Sourcing in IMG settings. Then only SCs with those product categories would go to sourcing. (Blend of classic and Extended classic)

or else

Maintain your own logic in BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI for Extended and Classic environments based on Product category, Purchase org, etc.

Hope this would suffice your requirement.

Reward points if helpful

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

What did u mean by organizational differences.

You can activate extended classic scenario and activate BAdI classsic scenario can be used for certain product categories.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly, activate your system for Extended Classic Scenario and implement the BADI BBP_EXTLOCALPO_BADI for your specific requirements wrt classic scenario.

Rgds

Reddy.