cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to netweaver

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I am totally new to netweaver but I am already a functional person for SD module. I was exploring about the netweaver and it is confusing for me that whether a functional person can get into the Netweaver. If so, which one of the netweaver is suitable for me and when I look at the sites, there so many things. I am preferably looking for a certification perspective.

I look forward a clear directions for me on this :). Thanks in advance.

-Umesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

eddy_declercq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pls check threads like

Eddy

-

PS. Reward useful answers and earn points yourself

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

These threads provides me an idea but not still a clear direction since I have experience in functional in SD but not on the coding things like JAVA or .NET

I am also not familiar with DataWarehousing, Is it suitable to go on the Netweaver B/W?

Br,

Umesh

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are not famiilar to coding in java or dotnet, It would be better if you choose XI.

but you need a little bit knowldege on both ABAP as well.

What I suggest you is being from functional background, you probably do not ware about netweaver platform on various aspects like

SAP server Installtion, configuration, SAP systems, config tool, ..etc

First study on fundamentals..there are certifications on netweaver technology platform based on installation/administration too.

If you understand first, then It would be easy to explore further. then think of XI. by that time you will come to know which one suits for you..

So,, irrespective of the background you have , you have to study SAP server setup,administration, how to work using it..etc. before going for any divisions like WAS/XI/MDM..etc.

These are just my opinions.

Hope that helps..reward if it so..

Thanks

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was puzzled you are a SD consultant but want to study NetWeaver. I think SD consultant will make more money.

NetWeaver is a technical platform. A lot of programming , config, and tech issue is involved. (like Basis consultant and developer)

And till now, the future of NetWeaver is not clear yet, there is few people and consultant company working on it.

I'm a tech guy, when we develop applications we must be familar with business process and data structure, which you are good at.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks to all for your inputs. It seems that Netweaver is totally a different environment & i think my functional experience doesn't help in this new things.

Br,

Umesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Refer the thread below.

Thanks

R.Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

After looking at the certification pages from SMP, i see that there are so many for Netweaver and being in SD functional, confused that which one is relevant & suitable for me.

Guide me further to have more understanding.

Br,

Umesh