cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exception during ADS deplopyment

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I am trying to deploy the famous tutorial app OnlineInteractiveForm.

Althugh we have installed the .pfx file yesterday

When I deploy the app I get the following exception:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Processing exception during a "UsageRights" operation. Request start time: Thu Jul 12 00:55:01 PDT 2007 com.adobe.ProcessingError: Not allowed by credential error while applying usage rights to PDF: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\adobewa_ADS_14773050\DM9101175274307783889.dir\DM7224521729958434090.tmp Specific error information: $$$/PDF/PDFCredentialDoesNotSpecifiedUsageRights=credential does not allow setting of specified UB rights General error information

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Tks

yuval

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

overdue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

Check the SAp Note 736902.

it seems like ur credential file is not deployed properly & not expired.Check Installing and Configuring Credentials section in this url

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/95/5a08cd0e274a0bae559622d6670722/frameset.htm">http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/95/5a08cd0e274a0bae559622d6670722/frameset.htm</a>

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

I have looked at the log and it gives me the same info as the exception.

I am still lost. :

Credential does not allow setting of specified UB rights.

Any idea?

Yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

Are u sure all the attributes are configured properly??

1. Log on to the Visual Administrator. (See How to Start the Visual Administrator.)

2. On the Cluster tab, choose Server ® Services ® Document Services Configuration.

3. On the Runtime tab, select Credentials.

4. From the Type field, select the type of credential you are configuring (P12 Record, HSM Record or MSCAPI Record).

The fields that become active and available for editing depend on the credential type that you choose.

5. In the Alias field, enter the alias of the credential you installed. Enter the following:

&#9675; ReaderRights when you configure a Reader right credential for usage rights.

&#9675; DocumentCertification when you configure a credential for certification.

&#9675; ServerSignature when you configure a credential for digital signatures.

Entries for the name of the credential are case-sensitive.

6. For a P12 Record, choose Browse to search for the name of the credential and then Select.

7. In the sha1 field, enter the sha1 value. This value can be copied from the credential file itself, and is typically a string of numeric and alphabetic characters. (This step is optional if your credential only contains one sha1 value.)

If you entered ReaderRights in the Alias field, you must not make any entry in the sha1 field.

8. For an HSM Record, type the Slot and DLL Path value in the corresponding fields.

9. In the Password field, enter the password you received together with the credential you installed.

10. Confirm the password, and then click Add.

The page refreshes and the list of registered credentials at the top of the page includes the credential you just added

regards

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

Thank you very much for your detailed reply.

Although I have the pfx file I do not know the password.

(I was not responsible for obtaining the credetials in the first place).

regards

Yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit

1. I managed to apply the pfx file and got the password.

2. However following exception is thrown:

com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Processing exception during a "UsageRights" operation. Request start time: Sun Jul 15 11:36:10 PDT 2007 com.adobe.ProcessingError: Credential login error while applying usage rights to PDF: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\adobewa_ADS_14773050\DM-6594694317128507581.dir\DM1262532235752052762.tmp Specific error information: $$$/PDF/PDFCredentialLoginFailure3=alias ^0 was not found ReaderRights General error information: IDL:com/adobe/document/pdf/CredentialLoginFailure:1.0 Exception Stack Trace: com.adobe.ProcessingError: Credential login error while applying usage rights to PDF: C:\WINDOWS\Temp\adobewa_ADS_14773050\DM-6594694317128507581.dir\DM1262532235752052762.tmp Specific error information: $$$/PDF/PDFCredentialLoginFailure3=alias ^0 was not found ReaderRights General error information:

Any idea why>

regards

Yuval

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yuval,

U can check with ur system administrator,bcos the password u get with the credentials only.

regards

Sumit