cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle Agent Service Does not start

Former Member
0 Kudos

My agent service of oracle does not start. It stops immediately after starting.

could you also let me know the role played by agent and listenser service.

I am using windows 2003 server and version of oracle is 9i

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The listener is a separate process that runs on the database server computer. It receives incoming client connection requests and manages the traffic of these requests to the database server.

The Intelligent Agents are responsible for the localized execution of tasks and the on-going monitoring of databases and other targets on the managed nodes.Intelligent Agents function independently of the databases and other targets they support.

agntsrvc.log shows any errors that occur during agent startup.

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

once again.

If you are not using Oracle's Enterprise Manager for the database administration the Oracle Agent Service is <b>not needed</b> at all.

peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Virender,

You better set the agent property as automatic. In run --> services.msc --> change the property of oracle agent is automatic and restart the pc. I think this may solve your problem

Regards

Harish

Former Member
0 Kudos

if starting the Oracle Agent Service will fail, changing of the properties to autostart will not help at all.

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't use Oracles Enterprise Manager you do not need the Oracle Agent service. Just disable it.

otherwise I would recommend to install the latest patchset (9.2.0.8) and released minipatch (9.2.0.8.8).

regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

did u change the host name of system after installation.u can check the error message in adminstrtive tols Event viewer.....

regards

ajai