cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

varient classes for sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mat A is a configurable mtl. Assume class C (300 class type) is assigned to the material in material master & in configuration profile.Sales orders are presently created using class C.

Now I want use another class --D for the same material for creating sales order. I have assigned the class D in material master & configuration profile with the standard class indicator marked as on.

But system is proposing the Class C only during sales order configuration???

Can anybody guide me on this???? Can I delete the assignment of the previous class C???

Regards,

Manish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only the class which is of class type 300 is relevant for variant configuration. other Class type will not be available fo r you for configuration

If you want to test this,

make the characteristics in Class1(300) and Class2(of some other type) mutually exclusive and then, try configuring the material. Only the class of class type c will be available for you to configure.

Rwd if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. But my another class is also of 300 type i.e varient class.

Please suggest the proper solution

Regards,

Manish

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi MHP,

I understand now. But still I am doubtful of whether two classes of same class type be available. To my knowledge a material can have various classes but each of unique class type, if classes of non-unique types comes, then only the first class of that type will be applicable for the process relevant for that class type.

You can test this too, by changing the class assignment sequence. But the thing is I am not 100% sure on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then what is the use of standard class indicator????

Regards,

Manish

former_member183879
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That can be a problem.

I really dont know about this.

Answers (0)