cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding c-folder and cad intregration

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI gurus,

right now i am facing one problem, i want to intregrate c-folder and cad tools..

when we put any assembly from cad to dms, it fetches all child parts related to that assembly.. but not in case with c folder it shows individual files. and if we want to open that assebly through c-folder, it shows single file . how to see any part or assebly , if cad software is not installed on ur system..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

peter_szincsak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

for just viewing the structure you have just to open the xml-file, which is provided by CAD Desktop during export

Regards

Peter

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi peter,

how r u. actually i want to say.

suppose u r from sale or marketting person and on ur system on c-folder is installed . and now if u want to show assembly or part which is alreday present in c-folder to ur client ..how u show assebly or part. and if it requires some modification, then what to do..??????????

my email id:

amit.dhar@hotmail.com

peter_szincsak
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Amit,

Export of CAD assemblies to cFolders (originals as documents & product structure information as xml-file) is possible from CAD Desktop (part of R/3/ECC). This is standard functionality of cFolders 4.00 and ERP 2005 (ECC 6.0), ERP 2004 (ECC 5.0), R/3 Enterprise Extension Set 110 & 200, R/3 4.6C (for all releases besides ERP 2005 the implementation of R/3/ERP support packages released in Q2/2005 is necessary)

Export of CAD assemblies from cFolders to CAD systems of external users can be realized by SAP CAD partners on customer project base building a plugin for the CAD system of the suppler, which imports the files from cFolders taking into account the structure information in the structure xml-file. cFolders-APIs have to be used to build this functionality.

Import of changed CAD assemblies from CAD systems of supplier to cFolders and reconciliation with CAD assemblies managed by CAD Desktop can be realized by SAP CAD partners on customer project base by first uploading the changed CAD assembly (files and structure) via the plugin as new version to cFolders. After that the modified CAD assembly has to be imported to the CAD Desktop Working Directory and a detailed comparison has to be made with the OEM CAD system connected to R/3, whether the changes to not violate design constraints given by OEM

Have a look at BADI CDESK_ADD_FUNKTION

Regards

Peter