Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

credit management ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Hi,

Pls clarify the following.

1. How can we maintain credit management as material specific ?

2. How can we maintain division specific credit management ? eg :- High end products 10 lacs, Low end products :- 5 lacs.

3. How can I maintain credit management distribution channel specific ? Whole sellers :- 20lacs Retailers :- 10 lacs.

4. Can I maintain credit limits for individual customer groups.

5. What is the function of customer group feild in FD32 (Its not a list field (f4) its an absolute entry) ?

6. How can I maintain joint credit limits ? Eg :- 5 lacs for A and B customers.

Can anyone explain the utility of assigning credit control area to sales area. I have assigned a credit control area eg:- A assigned to company code X and assigned to SALES AREA of X.

I tried to assign A to SALES AREA of company code Y. The system has not given any error.

As we know one company code cannot have two credit control areas.

Pls explain in detail.

sriram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Are our doubts clear?

Please let me know if you need any other clarifications.

REWARD if it helped you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Looking at your requirement please note my comments:

1. Credit limit cannot be maintained on material basis.

2. Credit limit Can be maintained on Division basis provided you create a seperate Credit control area for each Division. After that you maintain the limit thru FD32 for each credit control area.

3. Distribution channel-wise credit limit cannot be mainatained.

4. Maintaining credit limit based on Customer group is as good as maintaining the same at Distribution channel based which is not possible.

5. The customer group is a freely assignable grouping term which is also

output in reporting (Credit overview) and which can be contained in line

layout variants and can be used in sort variants. This way the accounting clerk can split the customers up for whom he is responsible, for example, according to industries or product groups.

6. As we know the credit limit is always maintained on Customer level so joint limits cannot be maintained for 2 customers. For your requirement just check wheather by maintaining a common payer between these two customers masters will suffice the requirement.

7. The utility of assigning the Credit control area to Sales area is that the system automatically determines the credit control area whenever a sales area is entered in the sales order. By this we have a option not to maintain a credit control area in the customer master Billing doc tab.

Also we CAN assign more then one credit control area to company code. For this please use the menu path > IMG> Financial Accounting> Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable>Credit Management--> Assign Permitted Credit Control Areas to Company Code.

Hope the above helps you.

REWARD if it helps you!!

Regards,

Ajinkya