cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of SAP NetWeaver 2004s(EP) on Linux/Oracle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We need to install SAP NW 2004s (Enterprise portal) in RedHatLinux advanced server4 and Oracle 10g.

We have 2 servers. One server for SAP Portal (server1)and another server for Oracle database(server2).

As per the installation guide, Oracle software need to be installed during SAP installation, when the installer prompts for it.

In this case the installables of Oracle will be on server2. How do we point to the oracle installable from server1?

During NW installation it asks for DB SID. This creates a directory in the server. How will this directory be created in server2 as the database server need to be installed with in this directory?

Please help.

regards,

Sujesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

mount -t nfs databasehost:/oracle apphost:/oracle

Regs,

FS

http://www.icg.pl/sap

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Due due performance reasons I'd not put Oracle binaries (and all other stuff) on NFS but you're right, that's an easy solution

--

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood you correctly.

1) We need to copy Oracle CDs in to DBSERVER..

2)Mount the CD directory in APP SERVER

3)During SAP installation on APP SERVER, we need to point the installable from DB server

4)SAP installation will create necessory installation directory on DB server.

Please clarify

regards,

Sujesh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I´d suggest the following (to keep it easy):

Install a central instance and the database server on your database server target host. If you finished installing, you can shutdown and/or remove the SAP instance and leave the database instance alone. Then you can point the application server/java instance to the second server (you don´t install a central instance on the second server but a java instance).

--

Markus