cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Single Sign On

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

I have a requirement where i have to do a single sign on into SAP portal from other web application.

for example User logs into the client website and in the clients website there is a link called benefits for employees. When a user clicks on that link i should log him into the portal with out any authetication showing him the ESS benefits page.

The users of the client web site are stored in a MS-SQL DB.We have asked them to create a MS active directory for them.

Can you give any inputs for this?

Thanks

Sushanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member239282
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The portal should be able to authenticate from any directory, my recommendation would be using Active Directory for authentication simply because many companies already have it. The portal also requires a user to role directory which can be CUA or can be fed from CUA. The portal does not have to have CUA implemented… although if you have already invested sweat and money into CUA I would recommend further leveraging the technology.

CUA does not and never has done SSO, the portal uses SAP logon tickets for managing SSO, which is standard in all 6.20 releases of R/3.

• of course it is only an opinion, if helpful rewards points are appreciated